Why don't we have something to associate Eid with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Christians have the Christmas tree
Jews have the Hanukkah menorah
why don't we have a decorated symbolic thing?
And can someone make one? Would be really nice to have them all over cities your home etc.

Egyptians light up lanterns during Ramadan. I don't see why we can't do something similar.

Lanterns.jpg

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Egyptians light up lanterns during Ramadan. I don't see why we can't do something similar.

Lanterns.jpg

yeah but I'm thinking something that all Muslims do that we all connect with. I would be nice to have huge golden half moons and stars over town squares

yeah but I'm thinking something that all Muslims do that we all connect with. I would be nice to have huge golden half moons and stars over town squares
Muslims had lots of cool holiday traditions but now people say its bidah and haraam. Blame wahhabism for making Islam so dry.

VixR

Veritas
IDK but when I was a kid, Eid was lit. Either I was a dumb, easily-impressed kid, or it was lit, you get me.

IDK but when I was a kid, Eid was lit. Either I was a dumb, easily-impressed kid, or it was lit, you get me.
Eid is more fun when you're a kid. I was so happy when I got $10 xaqqal ciid and all the kids in the neighbourhood would go to chuck e cheese lol. Now its like any other day. Growing up sucks. :meleshame:

VixR

Veritas
Eid is more fun when you're a kid. I was so happy when I got $10 xaqqal ciid and all the kids in the neighbourhood would go to chuck e cheese lol. Now its like any other day. Growing up sucks. :meleshame:

Chuck-e-cheese's was big. We'd go to the amusement park. There was money to be had, junk food to be eaten, and all the kids to turn it up when things got slow, playing 'til we dropped, and the parents were lax for the night. Thug Kid mansion.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Start your own tradition with your family. That's how they all begin anyway.

Our family tradition is we don't celebrate Eid. :yloezpe:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
We have our family tradition. Making the house festive, my mother goes overboard with having fairy lights all over the house, including the balcony, front porch and the garage. We also make sure to make Somali biscuits, Somali cake, the coconut sweet stuff ( I don't know what's called) sesame balls, we wrap them up in clear plastic with bows and we give them to our neighbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.