Why have AFRICANS rejected HIP HOP?

I just realised that I don’t hear Africans rapping. Never heard a Yoruba or Somali song that’s a rap song . Or maybe there are a few but there isn’t an underground movement that focuses on rap/hip hop music . I know that there is a Korean ,Latin , Arab hip hop music scene but north east west Africans have decided to not engage in this genre . And obviously it isn’t based on prejudice bc Africans were inspired by jazz funk disco back in the day .

Despite rap music being a genre for the discriminated urban people that focused on corruption, violence , police brutality etc ( Africans can relate ) it hasn’t made an impact ?

Personally I don’t support rap artists bc most of their music is lazy and promotes promiscuity, gang violence etc and the women act like prostitutes (that’s for another thread )

First generation African rappers

59C3D88D-A43D-4CB2-B756-EF142A47813A.jpeg

Last edited:

Jungle

VIP
First generation African rappers

Dont make sense. Shes basically American and theres many before her. If we going off that then half of uk and french rappers are african rappers lol

Nearly every african country has rappers that are poppin nationally.

Slaps

The only decent Somali rapper that raps in somali that I have come across is RO X, here are some of his songs:

Other then that Somalis look down on rap, they see it as degenerate, when Somalia becomes more developed, I would asssume more Somali rappers would pop out.

Dont make sense. Shes basically American and theres many before her. If we going off that then half of uk and french rappers are african rappers lol

Nearly every african country has rappers that are poppin nationally.

Slaps

🤔 what I mean is that Africans in Africa are not into the rap genre ( first generation Africans are tho)

Even in the west most of the Africans that are popular are not rappers eg the weeknd and aya nakamura

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Somali rap sounds retarded. It doesn't sound right.

Rap is made for the English/Germanic/Romantic languages not Cushitic.