Why Is China Importing Donkeys From Africa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ejiao is a Chinese traditional remedy that is made from gelatin that comes from donkeys. They use ejiao to treat insomnia and colds. Recently China has changed their focus on traditional agriculture into advanced industry, and because of this donkeys have not been breeding as regular. Their numbers went from 11 million donkeys to 6 millions donkeys. China now is wanting to import donkeys from China.

It is the time to start breeding our donkeys and send them to China, other markets for us. It is very simple steps :
1. Buy 50 female donkeys and one male
2. Good vet that will monitor them (Weekly checkups)
3. Vaccines
4. Export the male only and keep the female

IMG_4655.JPG
IMG_4656.JPG
IMG_4657.JPG

Donkey hide is used to make a traditional Chinese medicine known as 'Ejiao'. Known commonly as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), it is made from the gelatin extracted from a donkey's hide. According to a report by Xinhua News, China produces 5,000 tonnes of Ejiao every year.

It is used to cure a variety of diseases such as cough and cold, anemia, and insomnia, and is especially favoured by women. It is also used as an ingredient in face creams and anti-ageing solutions.

For China to achieve its massive 5,000-tonne production goal, it needs an estimated 4 million donkeys annually. Currently, China can supply just around 1.8 million donkeys.

According to a CNN report, the number of donkeys in China fell from 11 million to six million in the last 20 years.

This decline is attributed to several factors such as increase in demand for donkey hide, low fertility and long gestation period of donkeys and increasing occupational shift from traditional agriculture towards advanced industry within China (corroborated by the country's revised economic policies)
  • The sudden increase in exports has pushed the prices of donkeys from $34 to $147, making it difficult for farmers to buy. Not just that, prices of other animals has increased too
  • There is a new black market for donkeys now. Cases of theft and cruelty towards the animal have been reported.
  • The growing number of abattoirs across African countries such as Burkina Faso has generated backlash from environmentalists and locals, amid reports of blood and offal getting mixed with water

IMG_4658.JPG

IMG_4658.JPG
However, there is a fallout of this ban too. Just like China relies on Africa for donkeys, Africa in turn relies on China for valuable foreign exchange. Increasing trade connections with China also mean Chinese investment, which majorly fuels infrastructural spending in Africa.

As of now, other African nations are considering whether to follow the examples of Niger Burkina Faso. And well, Chnina must be hunting for potential sellers.

How many Donkeys are in Somalia, excluding the 10 million Somalis?

I know some females & 2 males in sspot who are perfect for the job, but I fear that China will reject them !!!!! Image the nightmare of bringing more of them to the world!!!!

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
LMAO I don't understand the anger this picture brings out.

img_4154-jpg.7371

Wasn't this after the Garissa attack? He was only showing his respect to the innocent dead. What should he have done? Laugh at them?

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
No it is not Garissa and you know it very well(go back to your old threads) Showing respect to my women rapists wow what a logic. These men were Kenyan amisom soldiers who were killed in Somalia

I dislike Amisom too. In fact I hate them.

But there's no proof those particular soldiers were rapists. What President Hassan is doing seems like a very innocent gesture. He's showing respect to people who were killed by Al Shabab. What do you suggest he do? Laugh at them? After all it wasn't Hassan Sheik who brought in those Kenyan Soldiers to Gedo region so if you have a frustration with that take it with the person behind it.

But there's no proof those particular soldiers were rapists. What President Hassan is doing seems like a very innocent gesture. He's showing respect to people who were killed by Al Shabab. What do you suggest he do? Laugh at them? After all it wasn't Hassan Sheik who brought in those Kenyan Soldiers to Gedo region so if you have a frustration with that take it with the person behind it.

Those same soldiers that traded with al shabab in billions dollars business
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...m-illicit-trade-that-props-up-al-Shabaab.html

Nobody brought them, they invaded the country !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts