Somali language and Ancient Egyptian similarities.

Fake news the guy just said Somali and Ancient Egyptian are in the same language family and he put 'translate hieroglyphs'

That said I think it is possible to get some meaning from the hieroglyphs using Somali- Somali seems to have retained more features of the original proto-Afro Asiatic language and the number of identical roots and or similarities is a lot. Some words that are identical after millennia include the word for 'foot' 'biito' - this is old Somali only found in children's games.

This is also why you have very ancient cognates with Arabic not due to recent borrowing

Fake news the guy just said Somali and Ancient Egyptian are in the same language family and he put 'translate hieroglyphs'

That said I think it is possible to get some meaning from the hieroglyphs using Somali- Somali seems to have retained more features of the original proto-Afro Asiatic language and the number of identical roots and or similarities is a lot. Some words that are identical after millennia include the word for 'foot' 'biito' - this is old Somali only found in children's games.

This is also why you have very ancient cognates with Arabic not due to recent borrowing
You can reconstruct genetically ancestral proto-languages based on the comparative method by using a net of diverse linguistic offshoots as the landscape for source material for back-tracing. It requires a basis of enough firm data.

There are sophisticated ways to map things out using the web of relations by traceable systemic processes of how languages relate and evolve within the same language families. Combinations of a rich inventory of methods and data fill gaps along a conservative and tentative probabilistic plane.

What linguists do in another particular research is use languages of different branches, such as Somali, to inform upon strong possibilities of ways to pronounce words within the Ancient Egyptian language. Somali alone does not have the explanatory power to entirely reconstruct a language that belongs under a sister branch that was part of the proto-nodes of other soon-to-be branches in pre-history when its ancestor split from it.

It was the Rosetta Stone that made things translatable.

Somali is a good Afro-Asiatic language though. That is not only my bias speaking.:icon lol:

Trending