Syrian man’s family is against him marrying a Somali woman. Is it racism?

Ana Arabs after seeing this
Lil Durk Fainting GIF by Strapped Entertainment
I can already tell it’s gonna be another laiis platinum thread 🫢🤣

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
There’s a white woman in the replies and she said that she was accepted & embarced by her Syrian in laws. There’s definitely an element of racism
There are Somalis married to Syrians and they are men and women. That does not say much of anything. It is not the same family nor individual. It is not always about race/ethnicity. To whine about it when people have a preference is a little odd. We know colourism is also rife across Asia. That should be understood. People should know the cultures and families they marry into and their baggage.

May Allah protect the girl in this situation. People in situations like hers often find themselves alienated by their in-laws. The couple then hopes that perhaps the grandparents will warm up once children are born and theyre cute, but sometimes even those children end up being alienated and dont get to know a part of their family+heritage

Kisame

Plotting world domination
View attachment 325774https://www.reddit.com/r/Syria/s/s49fBhQPNo
Imagine caring about the ethnicity of who your children marry.

Before I became child free the thought
of my generational wealth landing in the hands of non somalis pissed me off :ohlord:.

Ive said it on here before but I legit had an old madow co worker who's the only black person in his family pictures. He married an non black and non of his kids married a black person. His grand children just look Latino and white :mjkkk:

Let me play devils advocate; why pressure them & eventually bring kids into a dynamic like that? 🤔
As I said before, he can calmly convince them and have the parents of the girl and the man meet, and it is possible that this problem will be solved in the end ,he will not run away from them.

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP
There’s a white woman in the replies and she said that she was accepted & embarced by her Syrian in laws. There’s definitely an element of racism
You can't use her as an example to prove a point, there are too many variables to consider

No, it isn’t racism.

Even Somali parents wouldn’t be okay with their sons marrying a Syrian woman. Immigrant parents simply want their children to marry within. You can’t act like this is personal if our community is like this as well.

As for the girl, she probably doesn’t know the guys family aren’t fond of her. Her fiancé should be honest and hopefully they can make the right decision to split.

Trending

Latest posts