2017 is the Year of Somali Self-Hate (is Naciis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Nacaybka:

Self-hatred
(also called self-loathing) refers to an extreme dislike or hatred of oneself, or being angry at or even prejudiced against oneself. The term is also used to designate a dislike or hatred of a group, family, social class, or stereotype to which one belongs and/or has. For instance, "ethnic self-hatred" is the extreme dislike of one's ethnic group or cultural classification. It may be associated with aspects of autophobia.

article-2535796-1A7E4E6F00000578-395_634x367.jpg

2017 is the year of Somali Self Hate(is naciis) and it's also the greatest year to be Somali.

I'm noticing this trend and it's deeply disappointing to me.

Fewer millennial Somalis are returning home to invest.
Fewer millennial Somalis are owning homes or building personal wealth.
Fewer millennial Somalis are speaking their mother tongue or understand their culture.

I'm a strong believer of Classism within Somalis of the Despora.

If you don't have good credit, own equity or have a personal portfolio--No Qabil affiliation can help you.

2017 is just another year for Somali Millenials to get older, but it won't make them wealthier.

My advice to anyone reading this is to get out ahead and start investing in yourselves and your country.

There's a storm on the horizon and it doesn't look good for many Millenial Somalis.

Is Nacaybka:

Self-hatred
(also called self-loathing) refers to an extreme dislike or hatred of oneself, or being angry at or even prejudiced against oneself. The term is also used to designate a dislike or hatred of a group, family, social class, or stereotype to which one belongs and/or has. For instance, "ethnic self-hatred" is the extreme dislike of one's ethnic group or cultural classification. It may be associated with aspects of autophobia.

2017 is the year of Somali Self Hate(is naciis) and it's also the greatest year to be Somali.

Fewer millennial Somalis are speaking their mother tongue or understand their culture.

If you don't have good credit, own equity or have a personal portfolio--No Qabil affiliation can help you.

2017 is just another year for Somali Millenials to get older, but it won't make them wealthier.

My advice to anyone reading this is to get out ahead and start investing in yourselves and your country.

There's a storm on the horizon and it doesn't look good for many Millenial Somalis.

Fewer millennial Somalis are returning home to invest, because the purchasing power of millennials are falling across the board all ovethe west

Fewer millennial Somalis are owning homes or building personal wealth, because the worsening security and open corruption doesn't counter the risks

Fewer millennial Somalis are speaking their mother tongue or understand their culture, because they are integrating to societies they were born into and Somalia is offering nothing in comparison and the situation doesn't improve to be worth the effort, most have resigned to the idea that the West is their home away from cyclical violence

They are all logical and reasonable explanation :comeon:

Is Nacaybka:

Self-hatred

Those two will not happen anytime soon :russ:

It's looking bleak for mellenials everywhere tbf but it would sure be better if I was born into a people with more cohesion when the storm arrives

I'm not talking about owning homes, as I've seen many Somali millennials owning either condos or homes.

Learning the language, culture, and going back home to invest is not going to happen in the near future. A lot of Somali millennials don't give a damn about learning their language because they say "well, i'm not in Somalia and i'm not going to live there". However when it comes to culture they will show pride over it because it's the new "It" thing to do (on Instagram nowadays it's obligatory for Somali millennials to have the Somalia flag in their bios).

Going back home and investing isn't really something the millennials are interested in doing because alot of the millennials want to "turn up like it's 1995" and get "LITTY AGAIN WITH THE BROS".

They don't want to go back home to Somalia unless they need to show off to Instagram and take an iconic pic standing next to Liido Beach. There's a few percentage of millennials that are business-minded and want to invest in back home.

I'm not talking about owning homes, as I've seen many Somali millennials owning either condos or homes.

Learning the language, culture, and going back home to invest is not going to happen in the near future. A lot of Somali millennials don't give a damn about learning their language because they say "well, i'm not in Somalia and i'm not going to live there". However when it comes to culture they will show pride over it because it's the new "It" thing to do (on Instagram nowadays it's obligatory for Somali millennials to have the Somalia flag in their bios).

Going back home and investing isn't really something the millennials are interested in doing because alot of the millennials want to "turn up like it's 1995" and get "LITTY AGAIN WITH THE BROS".

They don't want to go back home to Somalia unless they need to show off to Instagram and take an iconic pic standing next to Liido Beach. There's a few percentage of millennials that are business-minded and want to invest in back home.

There's a lot of capable Somalis that want to return and invest. But I noticed the theme was their lack of culture or language skills.

In Somalia you need to speak Somali. Many friends of mine are upset they didn't learn the language and don't have the time to spend back home to get a crash course in Aafka for a several months because of their commitments and obligations back home.

maestro

Cultural revolution
Self hate is inevitable as an immature teen when you compare where you live to where you come from. I can't blame them since they are teens who don't know much but self hate for adults is considered a mental illness.

As for the diaspora. I hope the best for them but my goodness are they seriously screwed both economically and culturally. Economically they're in trouble because they have nothing in their name. First generation immigrants will have to work extra hard to get themselves up. As a result, the lazy ones and the ones that didn't get opportunities will have a rough life in the ghettos.

Culturally they're hopeless because half of them will integrate so well and breed themselve out of existence while the other half are just gonna be lost confused generations that know nothing about being Somali more than banana and rice, pirate, etc ... the typical internet meme stereotype shit.

But that's only for those who remain in the country for generations to come. Most likely the largest chunk of the diaspora will do some heavy mass migration back to Somalia sooner than later.

Whatever the case, the 2020s are gonna be interesting. The only thing stopping me from packing my bags and forever leaving this country is my degree. As soon as I get it I'm not spending a single second longer than I have to here. Always knew since a small kid that I never belonged here and never will

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Larry wants bourgeoisie Somalis. I don't even trust us when we're poor :reallymaury:

Are you sure about this sxb?

Status
Not open for further replies.