A look inside Finlands mandatory conscription

Status
Not open for further replies.
At age 20 every capable male citizen is expected to undergo 1 year of military training
Do you have anything like this in your country?

Do you have anything like this in your country?

In Denmark we have værnepligt, which is mandotory but because so many volunteer, it reduces the need for forced conscription.

I was one of 19 people forced to serve out the mandatory constribution. It honestly a good descision and I needed the extra money, you get for the four month long service, which can be extended.

I learned to shoot, rode a tank with supervision and helped guard the danish border during the refugee crisis. I met one of my distant uncles who I helped translate for as he was with a group of Syrians. Intersting times and I learned a lot. Wouldn't mind serving again one day.

In Denmark we have værnepligt, which is mandotory but because so many volunteer, it reduces the need for forced conscription.

I was one of 19 people forced to serve out the mandatory constribution. It honestly a good descision and I needed the extra money, you get for the four month long service, which can be extended.

I learned to shoot, rode a tank with supervision and helped guard the danish border during the refugee crisis. I met one of my distant uncles who I helped translate for as he was with a group of Syrians. Intersting times and I learned a lot. Wouldn't mind serving again one day.
Nice, here it like eritrea 2.0 where refusing service is akin to treason, you serve a 2 month jjail sentence and pay a hefty fine. Can you choose your military wing over there or is it predeterminned for you?

Nice, here it like eritrea 2.0 where refusing service is akin to treason, you serve a 2 month jjail sentence and pay a hefty fine. Can you choose your military wing over there or is it predeterminned for you?

Damn, really? You just have to show up to a test one day and you're free to go, is finland that real? :wtf:

Here you can choose your own military wing, but the one I choose to extend my training in was the non-military hjemmeværnet, which I did for two months. Those guys worked my black ass tired :whew:

Wearn-e-pleekt

about like thi. But as its Danish just whisper some random word and they'll understand you

Go back to your mountain, you fjeld-abe, we don't take kindly to your kind in these woods :ufdup:

If it was swedish you'd have to chop of your tongue and do with a potato in the mouth. Garbage language for garbage people :umad:

You still didn't reply to my request to enter your dms.
qVk00.gif

Damn, really? You just have to show up to a test one day and you're free to go, is finland that real? :wtf:

Here you can choose your own military wing, but the one I choose to extend my training in was the non-military hjemmeværnet, which I did for two months. Those guys worked my black ass tired :whew:
Personally I dont understand the people who refuse. You learn a lot of skills and you can transfer the experience into your resume

My brother just got accepted into the airforce but im slow so i think ill go for infantry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts