A Whale swallowed this man and he lived to tell it

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
This reminds me of Prophet Yunus (Jonah)

1654864421413.jpeg

I always felt sorry for that NabI (Prophet)

Getting swallowed by a whale for disobeying Gods command.

I also bet it stank up inside the belly of the beast.

This surah is a reminder of God’s mercy:

And verily, Jonah was among the messengers.
[Mention] when he ran away to the laden ship.
Then (to save it from sinking) he drew straws (with other passengers). He lost and was thrown overboard.
Then the whale engulfed him while he was blameworthy.
Had it not been that he (repented and) glorified Allah,
He would certainly have remained inside the Fish till the Day of Resurrection.
But We cast him onto the open (shore), (totally) worn out,
and caused a squash plant to grow over him.
We (later) sent him (back) to (his city of) at least one hundred thousand people,
And they believed, so We allowed them enjoyment for a while.

— Surah As-Saaffat 37:139

Sheikh Yasir Qadhi has Surah by Surah tafsiir on youtube. But i think when listening to Quran on youtube, its self explanatory for myself as God has blessed me with the power of analysis Alhamdhulilaah
I don’t really listen to Yasir Qadhi ever since the last few years even if his tafsiir from long ago was seen as good. I would recommend Somali sheikhs as the tafsiir is better in your native language in my opinion.

It’s good you want to study and read for yourself. I just don’t want you to miss out on important facts as the Quran requires in-depth study to be fully aware. Tafsiir gives other aayaat as a proof for each aayah.

I did tafsiir in dugsi and learning the tafsiir of surah al-Baqarah helped me to fully grasp the meaning more than reading the word for word meaning.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I don’t really listen to Yasir Qadhi ever since the last few years even if his tafsiir from long ago was seen as good. I would recommend Somali sheikhs as the tafsiir is better in your native language in my opinion.

It’s good you want to study and read for yourself. I just don’t want you to miss out on important facts as the Quran requires in-depth study to be fully aware. Tafsiir gives other aayaat as a proof for each aayah.

I did tafsiir in dugsi and learning the tafsiir of surah al-Baqarah helped me to fully grasp the meaning more than reading the word for word meaning.

Thank you for your advice huuno, i cannot listen to Somalis Sheikhs. I do not respect them. I don't even listen to Sheikh Bilaal a famous african american sheikh. If it makes u feel good, i do have guilts over it. But i can't help it. I love Sheikh Yasir Qadhi and Mufti Menk Ismaeil

Thank you for your advice huuno, i cannot listen to Somalis Sheikhs. I do not respect them. I don't even listen to Sheikh Bilaal a famous african american sheikh. If it makes u feel good, i do have guilts over it. But i can't help it. I love Sheikh Yasir Qadhi and Mufti Menk Ismaeil
I understand, no worries Basra. I was once at that place where I couldn’t listen to some either. I just want to be able to understand the sheikh in my native tongue and know he can relate to me due to our shared daqan. Don’t get me wrong. I still listen to English ones. Just not those two you mentioned. Why do you not respect them?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I understand, no worries Basra. I was once at that place where I couldn’t listen to some either. I just want to be able to understand the sheikh in my native tongue and know he can relate to me due to our shared daqan. Don’t get me wrong. I still listen to English ones. Just not those two you mentioned. Why do you not respect them?

BY shared Daqaan u mean your qabil Sheikh? Thats Un-holly walaalo

BY shared Daqaan u mean your qabil Sheikh? Thats Un-holly walaalo
I don’t do qabiil. Don’t really know too much about it either besides my personal lineage. I meant Soomaalinimo. One of my faves is Sh. Mustafe and he’s from the Somaliland region I believe. I could be wrong though. I think ignorance is bliss when it comes to this.