African-American dude interested in Africa tries Somali food with his Somali friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this guy. He's not one of them niggas, and it comes across. As far as AA's go, he's decent and more self-aware than average if we're speaking true.

Very unnecessary.
You couldn't just make a comment about the video rather than his ethnicity?

Imagine if someone said "Ilhan Omar aint like the rest of them welfare collecting, baby-making factory machine Somalis; she's actually decent for a change."

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Somali men are so insecure Wallahi, just because a nonSomali man is learning about our beautiful culture and food instead of welcoming him and teaching him about the beautiful side of Somalis, you're worried if he's going to marry a Somali woman. Get this through your heads, you don't own Somali women. Somali women will marry whoever they want, White, Black, Mandingo, Kikuyu, Afrikaans, Spanish, Irish, Romanian, Russian, Turkish, Indian, Chinese (okay not Chinese) but South Koreans, whoever they please to marry they will. Now wadada ku qulqula.

Somali men are so insecure Wallahi, just because a nonSomali man is learning about our beautiful culture and food instead of welcoming him and teaching him about the beautiful side of Somalis, you're worried if he's going to marry a Somali woman. Get this through your heads, you don't own Somali women. Somali women will marry whoever they want, White, Black, Mandingo, Kikuyu, Afrikaans, Spanish, Irish, Romanian, Russian, Turkish, Indian, Chinese (okay not Chinese) but South Koreans, whoever they please to marry they will. Now wadada ku qulqula.

They have reason to be worried, though. :lolbron:

VixR

Veritas
Very unnecessary.
You couldn't just make a comment about the video rather than his ethnicity?

Imagine if someone said "Ilhan Omar aint like the rest of them welfare collecting, baby-making factory machine Somalis; she's actually decent for a change."
Idk about her decency, but Ilhan Omar is orders of magnitude more successful than 99.9999999999999% of American Somalis who are by and large plagued by those very things u mentioned.

This thread is about the guy. It's not out of reach to comment on his background, and I stick to my thoughts on my view of him in reference to the typical African American dude encountered.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I've invited him !

Read under the comments.

I will even conduct a Live AMA soon

I like this guy a lot. Seeing him trying to pronounce Somali words is something else though.

:siilaanyosmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.