Agnostic Somalis are just the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
It's a breath of fresh air to see fellow Somali's thinking outside of the box,
Are in the same boat or just open-minded? Just curious. I agree, it's interesting to see diversity in Somali community. Sometimes that diversity can be irrational, but yeah, as long as they're not aggressive against others, it's good.

Mike Hunt

Astra incliant sed non obligant
There many non-religious people on here. Somewhere between 40%-50%.

I noticed Somali intellectuals(pseudo or not), are able to have great intellectual discourses on religion and how it's been detrimental to our country and overall morale(especially with the females) but can't with qabil.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I don't want diversity in the Somali community

That always leads to Henny without fail :birdman:

We gotta pick a street and go full steam ahead as a whole

Mike Hunt

Are in the same boat or just open-minded? Just curious. I agree, it's interesting to see diversity in Somali community. Sometimes that diversity can be irrational, but yeah, as long as they're not aggressive against others, it's good.

About religion right?

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
I noticed Somali intellectuals(pseudo or not), are able to have great intellectual discourses on religion and how it's been detrimental to our country and overall morale(especially with the females) but can't with qabil.
Because qabil is personal. Even if you weren't affected by it personally, you know people in your family that were. That's why people can't look at it rationally.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
I don't want diversity in the Somali community

That always leads to Henny without fail :birdman:

We gotta pick a street and go full steam ahead as a whole
I don't think that will be ever be possible. It's not possible in the west and I doubt it can happen anywhere else. People will always disagree and be diverse in their ways of lives. The only way I can think of, is if Somalis were forced to think alike. Culturally, religiously etc. Free people will always disagree. It won't happen voluntarily, but hey, you can try.

Mike Hunt

Because qabil is personal. Even if you weren't affected by it personally, you know people in your family that were. That's why people can't look at it rationally.

Good point, I would just assume that Somali's who can look at Islam from a rationally viewpoint should also be able to do the same with qabil

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
I've been in limbo about it for a while, it's too taboo to discuss openly in our community though.....I'm %100 straight as well thought i'd put that out there lol
Take your time and use all the sources you can get to make your decision. Yeah, I would be caution with the community and keep it discreet if you don't any problems.

Don't worry about being straight saxib, @AbdiJohnson can't get through the screen or if you don't live in Canada, he won't get to you :siilaanyolaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.