All time favorite muslim Dynasties

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only he put his resources into improving trade and acquiring wealth instead of trying to plunder others in the name of islamic expansion

I dont get why Gurey is so celebrated:drakewtf: The only thing he did was try conquer a neighbouring empire whom we largely had peaceful relations with, and failed miserably, which caused his state to collapse. I swear we are seeing a trend in somali leaders :drakegrin:

There was no peaceful relations with habeshi prior to gurey . Since Adal/Ifat and Abyssinia was in constant war with eachother and tension. The reason why gurey attacked abyssinia was due them trying to extract tribute and occupy the empire and the fact that the Xabashi king killed his father in law. It Ended up in a complete reversal for the xabashis. He did manage to conquere 3/4 Abyssinia and employ administrations in Those areas. At the same time expanded islam in vast parts of the horn after his death Emir Nuur and his wife carried on and They managed to expand & conquere up to as far as Sudan.

It was the Oromo expansion and internal conflict that destroyed the empire and Abyssinia was equally damaged and destroyed by the oromo expansion.

But Yeah people do romanticize that war alot, Even tho both Abysinnia and Adal lost soo much history during that period.

Manuscripts, art, books, libraries and religious buildings on both sides lay in ruin.

But the admiration in the story is the resistance against a mighty foreign Imposistion & domination. They celebrate him just like They celebrate Garaad Wilwaal defeating the Oromo and Sayiids campaign against The British.

There was no peaceful relations with habeshi prior to gurey . Since Adal/Ifat and Abyssinia was in constant war with eachother and tension. The reason why gurey attacked abyssinia was due them trying to extract tribute and occupy the empire and the fact that the Xabashi king killed his father in law. It Ended up in a complete reversal for the xabashis. He did manage to conquere 3/4 Abyssinia and employ administrations in Those areas. At the same time expanded islam in vast parts of the horn after his death Emir Nuur and his wife carried on and They managed to expand & conquere up to as far as Sudan.

It was the Oromo expansion and internal conflict that destroyed the empire and Abyssinia was equally damaged and destroyed by the oromo expansion.

But Yeah people do romanticize that war alot, Even tho both Abysinnia and Adal lost soo much history during that period.

Manuscripts, art, books, libraries and religious buildings on both sides lay in ruin.

But the admiration in the story is the resistance against a mighty foreign Imposistion & domination. They celebrate him just like They celebrate Garaad Wilwaal defeating the Oromo and Sayiids campaign against The British.
Wow my comment seems really ignorant after reading this. Thank you for dropping this new knowledge on me cuz :ohhh:

Status
Not open for further replies.