Amin Amir the artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somalis don't even know what plagiarism is.

This would be a scandal in any other country and he would have been fired or his services no longer sought for but Amin Amir art will continue. Somalis don't care about this. They don't see it as an issue. They would be confused as to what the problem is.

Amin Amir has been living in the West for 2 decades but still can't speak English. He needed a translator when he was being interviewed by the media once.
He came to Canada in 2002, some people were not lucky enough to go to school and had to work and pay bills, I wish you learn some of good things he did to Somalia.

Somalis don't even know what plagiarism is.

This would be a scandal in any other country and he would have been fired or his services no longer sought for but Amin Amir art will continue. Somalis don't care about this. They don't see it as an issue. They would be confused as to what the problem is.
No we know about plagiarism but his good deeds overcome the bad deeds. Remember people at back home most of them can not read and rely on his cartoons to get the message I believe in second chance save your energy to the politicians that are looting and selling the country

He came to Canada in 2002, some people were not lucky enough to go to school and had to work and pay bills, I wish you learn some of good things he did to Somalia.

He was here earlier than that. People learn the local language within a year, why is he taking so long?

Give me time I will post video about life story and how And when he came to Canada
He was refugee in dijbouti but sold his art (100,000 $) to donate Somalia peace conference at dijbouti in 2001 came to Canada on his expenses and had to work support his family. This man had angry al Shabab every government in Somalia corruption he made lot of enemies even he made fun of Kenya and Ethiopia he can not put his foot in east Africa, I think he deserve second chance

I feel sorry for Somalis living around the world, discriminated against and taken advantage of (due to the Somali government not having proper embassies to help the diaspora), like these two Somali couples who are not allowed to see their OWN children by the social services even though the court allowed them to have their children back. They saying because of poor English, their English is fine at least they tried to learn.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Amin Amir is a living breathing institution.

I hope to build a statue of him one day

Damn what a scandal, I notice long ago Somalis have no respeck for copyright/trademark laws.

Just go to any major Somali city and the see the amount of brand store logo ripoffs:mjkkk:

Apollo

VIP
Meh, that's called inspiration. The guy made thousands of these cartoons, of course some will be inspired on other political cartoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.