Anybody else deal with this?

I can’t look people in the eye. For example one time I was having a one on one conversation with one of my teachers and I was looking down the whole time. And once I looked up she had some sort of confused expression on her face like “What is wrong with him?” When having a conversation with somebody I just can’t look people dead in the eye. When talking to somebody where do you look? That’s what I struggle with the most.

Don’t make fun of me give me tips

Last edited:

Chun Li

under construction 😈💖
Awww, bless you. I find looking into people’s eyes so fun & I do it on purpose too. I’m trying to see who can hold it the longest, to the point where I think people are lowkey scared to talk to me because I keep eye contact with them & don’t look away :mjlol:

I think maybe you are nervous about something because eye contact is a must-do in conversations. Looking down or looking away suggests that you may feel uneasy or uncomfortable around certain people, to the point where you don’t feel as though you can be yourself. Maybe, it could be that you’re bored to talk to them & are in a hurry to get away from them.

The only tip I can give to you is to just look at them. Seriously. You’ll get used to it after a while. Just look at their eyes, focus on its color or its shape. If you can’t do that, then look in between their eyebrows or nose (I’ve never tried this, but some people say it works).

Good luck :sass1:

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I also dont make eye contact because of my social anxiety 😭 and also some people find it rude.
I hate people who stare at me too, it makes me uncomfortable, I remember having customers l(mainly white) look at me like I was some new creature in town 😂 I could sense them analyzing my face, another reason I hate looking at people because I don't want to start a awkward eye contest.

How old are you though? It might go away as you get older

Awww, bless you. I find looking into people’s eyes so fun & I do it on purpose too. I’m trying to see who can hold it the longest, to the point where I think people are lowkey scared to talk to me because I keep eye contact with them & don’t look away :mjlol:

I think maybe you are nervous about something because eye contact is a must-do in conversations. Looking down or looking away suggests that you may feel uneasy or uncomfortable around certain people, to the point where you don’t feel as though you can be yourself. Maybe, it could be that you’re bored to talk to them & are in a hurry to get away from them.

The only tip I can give to you is to just look at them. Seriously. You’ll get used to it after a while. Just look at their eyes, focus on its color or its shape. If you can’t do that, then look in between their eyebrows or nose (I’ve never tried this, but some people say it works).

Good luck :sass1:
How about we have a staring contest on zoom, help me practice

Viscount

I got real connections
I can’t look people in the eye. For example one time I was having a one on one conversation with one of my teachers and I was looking down the whole time. And once I looked up she had some sort of confused expression on her face like “What is wrong with him?” When having a conversation with somebody I just can’t look people dead in the eye. When talking to somebody where do you look? That’s what I struggle with the most.

Don’t make fun of me give me tips :mjlaugh:
You have autism or you were raised in the hood and don't like eye contact, I can relate.

I give eye contact when I am trying to hold a conversation. My manager at work, literally can talk for a whole hour, Walahi I ain’t kidding. This lady will sit in front of you and yap like their ain’t tomorrow. There is usually tv in the room when she is talking, so I stare at the tv in hopes that she will shut up but she never does.

Recon Expert

cranking 90s 🥶
Pretty much do what the dude Chun Li said.

Force yourself into giving eye contact until it becomes natural and you don't think about where to put your eyes.

Don’t make fun of me give me tips :mjlaugh:
Used to be just like you sxb your just being to o self conscious you need to just focus on the person and the anxiety will go away

Trending