Anyone else hate overly positive people?

Vapour

Press rewind ⏪
I lurk on a subreddit dedicated to people suffering from the same skin disorder as me. And it's absolutely infuriating to read posts from idiots who think this shit is some sort of blessing. God. Reddit is so pathetic at times. :meleshame:

Last edited:

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
People strange hating people for being nice. I’ve also seen term familiarity breeds contempt, if you make yourself to available and accommodating people will disrespect you. It’s good to cut people like this off, very toxic and backwards. My only thing is if you are being nice because of cowardice then you are just carpet to be stepped on
Martial Arts Fight GIF by Arrow Video

Vapour

Press rewind ⏪
People strange hating people for being nice. I’ve also seen term familiarity breeds contempt, if you make yourself to available and accommodating people will disrespect you. It’s good to cut people like this off, very toxic and backwards. My only thing is if you are being nice because of cowardice then you are just carpet to be stepped on
Martial Arts Fight GIF by Arrow Video
I hate people with false confidence. They only end up hurting themselves in the end. And they want other people to go down that path. If you have certain problems in life, you SHOULD be ashamed/insecure.

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
I hate people with false confidence. They only end up hurting themselves in the end. And they want other people to go down that path. If you have certain problems in life, you SHOULD be ashamed/insecure.
Maybe some truth to that, but being ashamed and insecure is self destructive

Radical

Been there, done that
There's nothing wrong with having a positive outlook on what life dealt you. The problem is when you ignore the inherent harmful nature and pretend it's some sorta blessing

Like take being fat for example, it's good to love yourself and pay no attention to the bullying and hateful comments from others, but ignoring the advice of medical professionals and denying the reality of it being unhealthy is going too far on the positivity scale

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
I am one of those people with an overly positive mindset 😅

Sorry OP.

I promise I don't do this to downplay other people's sufferings. In fact, I encourage those around me to vent and express their anger. However, I struggle with expressing my anger. My therapist once jokingly said "Hodan, you could benefit from anger expression classes."

Some people may find me fake as a result and it can be a struggle making real connection with new people.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
The other day, my friend and I almost got hit. Keyword here is almost. I said Alhamdullilah. She on the other hand, was having a mental breakdown, cursing the driver etc.. I genuinely feel like it could have been worse. We were safe with just a tiny scratch on the car. However, because I value our friendship, I felt the need to fake being upset to validate her feelings.

Now I ask you @Vapour, if you have a friend like me, would you rather I fake being upset so I don't appear fake to you? :)

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I lurk on a subreddit dedicated to people suffering from the same skin disorder as me. And it's absolutely infuriating to read posts from idiots who think this shit is some sort of blessing. God. Reddit is so pathetic at times. :meleshame:

You r a demon huuno.

Vapour

Press rewind ⏪
The other day, my friend and I almost got hit. Keyword here is almost. I said Alhamdullilah. She on the other hand, was having a mental breakdown, cursing the driver etc.. I genuinely feel like it could have been worse. We were safe with just a tiny scratch on the car. However, because I value our friendship, I felt the need to fake being upset to validate her feelings.

Now I ask you @Vapour, if you have a friend like me, would you rather I fake being upset so I don't appear fake to you? :)
There is a balance to all of this. I don't think you should fake being upset all the time. Maybe just some of the time. I should be able to complain in peace sometimes. But there are times when you shouldn't validate my feelings. So that my perspective changes and I mature as a result.

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
I think it might be their way of coping. The truth is sometimes uncomfortable for some to face so they have to put on a facade.

just be yourself don't fake being upset its very annoying she could probably tell too