Anyone else hate overly positive people?

I don't hate them. In the same way some people tend to see the worst in things, you find people who see the best in things. The latter usually live good lives, the former are miserable.

There is a tendency for negative people to view positive people as stupid. I think this is a mistake. Most positive people simply know that a better attitude toward life will give them more while aware of the downsides Accurately assessing something bad while being hopeful and keeping the best perspective is a lot of mental work. It's easy to fall into despair. However, as stated in the Quran, despair is for the misguided, so that cannot be the intelligent route no matter what social value we place on being "realistic."

Furthermore, if a man thinks better of himself, and better of situations than what he deems dispassionately "realistic," usually he comes out better.

The incels -- the real ones, not how it is thrown around loosely -- believe themselves to be realists. Their negative outlook is merely a reflection of their intelligent assessment of their prospects. No need to sugarcoat what is evident, is their position. Only they direct those value judgments on social and the dating market sphere and their options for life in general based on their realistic views on looks.

But from an outsider looking in, one can see how the mentality itself perpetuates bad outcomes. The positive people cope claims is in an odd way a cope for the "realistic" who tries to find a strange comfort in the negative. Because the incels believe themselves to hold an accurate view of the world, they in a strange way, look down on the dummies that try to give them advice. They've constructed an artificial wall of arrogance because they are "blackpilled" - no fool can come and tell them that the cards they've been dealt are bad no matter what.

Some people cloak themselves in the positive while others the negative. The outcomes and truth of it are respectively not symmetrical and merely perspectives for an approach to living. The positive ones get more juice out of life and it sends them towards success.

Don't be angry at the half-full cup people. You want to be on that team.

However, there are people who are positive and deliberately use their cope to compromise important truths. You see people who join weird cults that delve into indoctrination where people ignore the costly negatives. There are "positive" copes used where, in fact, one becomes a fool. But that is not the typical situation because these things fall into the delusion category.

I am one of those people with an overly positive mindset πŸ˜…

Sorry OP.

I promise I don't do this to downplay other people's sufferings. In fact, I encourage those around me to vent and express their anger. However, I struggle with expressing my anger. My therapist once jokingly said "Hodan, you could benefit from anger expression classes."

Some people may find me fake as a result and it can be a struggle making real connection with new people.

There is nothing wrong with this sis, it's what Islam dictates; being positive and grateful. Masha'Allah.

Sa_Male

Laba Gob Kii Beer Jilicsan Baa Jaba
What’s the skin condition? Eczema?
I had severe eczema

OP if it is eczema, it could mysteriously dissappear over time and effort.Focus on trying to fix your health rather than be upset with people who are masking something by their happiness like you do with your makeup.

Aaaand if it's something like vitiligo that can't be helped, you should contemplate on the possibility that your skin problem has without a shadow of doubt had some measurable positive influence in your life or at least made you who you are today. Picture your past if you didn't have this skin disorder, I'm sure you'd have been someone else.

There’s nothing worse than opening up to someone about something upsetting that happened to you, who’s all like β€œeverything happens for a reason!!! πŸ˜ƒβ€ β€œlook on the bright side!!! πŸ˜ƒβ€ it just comes off so fake and dismissive.

But I also don’t like being around negative Nancies either who complain about everything and just seem outright miserable.

It’s best to be realistic but not bitter. Life is shitty sometimes and it’s ok to vent and express that.