Anyone interested in a weekly Somali programming meetup group?

They say its never too late, in your case I guess its never too early.😂 . Maybe consider joining us lol, it will be crazy shindings.

Also these days, nerd = consumer, as in just going to see Marvel and owning an iPhone means you are a nerd...
Where do i join

It will be harder, especially as people want to do tech, try doing internships and build up a portofolio
Alternatively I could do a masters in tech but they require cognitive skills if I get certs that would help. Tech jobs do pay alot and are in demand.

Where do i join
Its not been convened yet, we are just collecting heads so far but I think we have enough people now.

Since the preffered option has so far been Discord, I will create a discord account for myself, and on Tuesday I will write message here tagging everyone and then we can create a discord server, a Github repo, and a SSpot general thread just for our group in the tech section, et all. As needed.

hey guys this sounds interesting. i’m a software engineer, fullstack but 70% backend. my stack is Python, Ruby, React, rails, node. so if anyone needs any help learning i am usually available.

what are some projects your recommend for someone why wants an entry job learning python ?
I dont really know these days, I dont primarily use Pylon for work. I could suggest many projects to you, I am not sure how they would apply specifically to you and getting you a job. Python is a general purpose language used in many fields, so there are no shortage of jobs for it, its just that its usually combined with something else.

Why dont you work in reverse? Go to job listing sites (Indeed, Monster, Reed, LinkedIn and so on) and search for jobs to do with "Python", and watch out for words like "junior" and "senior" in the title or description, and keep an eye out for minimum years of experience, that is the biggest tell for an entry barrier. From there you should not only have an idea of what projects to aim for, but also specific Python related jobs in your city/area that are in high demand.

Trending