Arab Corruption vs Somali Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people point to the problems in Somalia and blame corruption as being the chief reason why Somali regions remain in poverty, whether we're discussing Mogadishu, Hargeisa, or even Djibouti. But the same corruption exists in Gulf Arab countries, where the Kings of those countries have billions of dollars in personal wealth (as a result of oil money) which they siphoned from the public treasury over the years.

This type of corruption does not exist in Western countries, and the salary of the U.S. President ($400,000 dollars per year) pales in comparison to the salary of American CEO's, celebrities, and athletes. The lowest-paid athletes in the US are paid more than the President, and this isn't something unusual in Western countries. The same goes for Canada, Britain, Australia, and other Western nations.

Contrast that to Somalia, where the so-called "President" siphons off more than 80% of the public treasury every year, which he uses to pay off his friends/associates as well as hoarding the rest of the money for himself. But the same exact corruption exists in Arab countries as well, but the results are much much different.

African countries (including Somalia) are blessed with a whole host of natural resources, including oil, minerals, and arable farmland. Yet the people in these countries remain in desperate poverty. Whether we're in Somalia, or Nigeria, or Mozambique, or any other country in the African continent....the result is the same.

Contrast this to the Gulf Arab countries:

dubai_restaurant.jpg

kuwait_city_galleryfull1

C-Doha.png

Contrast this to Somalia/Somaliland/Djibouti:

poverty.jpg

har09_somalia.jpg

somalia.jpg

stock-photo-hargeisa-somalia-january-somalis-in-the-streets-of-the-city-of-hargeysa-city-in-180333032.jpg

And this is despite the fact that the rulers of these Arab Kingdoms are multi-billionaires, with enormous palaces and an unbelievable amount of wealth.

The Somali/African politicians are just as corrupt, yet their wealth not only pales in comparison to the wealth of these Arab kings....but the standard of living in their countries can't even compare to the standard of living enjoyed by Saudis, Emiratis, Kuwaitis, and Qatari Arabs. Look at the top 10 richest countries in the world, and see how these Arab nations dominate the list. It isn't even comparable.

1.png

These Arab kings are far from honest. They are billionaires and don't hide the fact that they amassed massive wealth at the expense of their countries.

But at least they created a system where not only could they enjoy their unearned billions, but their citizens would also enjoy a very high standard of living---and this is why the Gulf Arabs tend to support their Governments despite their massive corruption.

saudi_royal_family.jpg

vs.

Hassan-Sheikh-Mohamud-Hillary-Clinton-Meets-uKwSN7V2sBIl.jpg

sh-shariif2.jpg

Not only are these African leaders ruling over countries where their people are living in unbelievable poverty, but their personal wealth can't even compare to the personal wealth of these Arab Kings.

Hassan Sheikh's wealth can't even come close to the wealth of the Qatari or Kuwaiti King. And this is despite the fact that African countries have a massive amount of natural resources--including oil and precious minerals. These leaders are literally failing in everything they do.

Sultana

On Hiatus
Once Somalis as a collective whole realize that it's silly to benefit themselves at the expense of their entire country, we aren't going to change.

Once Somalis as a collective whole realize that it's silly to benefit themselves at the expense of their entire country, we aren't going to change.

I think it's about accountability. People want to see results, and these Somali leaders have absolutely zero accountability to their people.

I don't think people would care if their President was a multi-billionaire so long as he creates a stable governmental system for his people in which they can prosper. If the Somali President wants to build a giant 700-bedroom palace with golden windows and 100 Ferraris.....I would not care as long as he creates prosperity for his people.

The average Emirati or Kuwaiti citizen lives a very comfortable life, despite the fact that their Kings are extremely corrupt men who amassed billions of dollars in personal wealth that they looted from the public treasury. They don't care, and I don't think the average Somali would care if his President is rich as long as he does something beneficial for his people.

Bro Somalia has zero wealth. Somali politicians are basically dancing around money that they don't have.

Here are some obstacles I see in somalia

• Self-centric elitism [m,m &I]
  • Clan championing
  • Lack of culture
  • Short sighted opportunism
  • Zero Vision
  • No sustainable system

At least the Arab Elite are Arabocentrics who safe guard their own collective interests which is their system,laws,culture and countries sovereignity. Perpetuate it from top to bottom.

Somalis at this stage don't compare.

I do still remain hopeful that there will be a Somali Renaissance one day.

Last edited:
This type of corruption does not exist in Western countries, and the salary of the U.S. President ($400,000 dollars per year) pales in comparison to the salary of American CEO's, celebrities, and athletes.
You're mistaken. Every form of corruption exists in Western countries. Western people aren't a different type, Utopian or higher level people. In general, the level and extent of corruption in Western countries pales to those in the Second/Third worlds. I would suggest to do a little investigation (Google).

The short-sightedness of Somali leaders is unbelievable. Their behavior has helped make our people the laughingstock of the globe.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Sxb somalis are the only Faqiir Mutakabir(arrogant poor persons) you'll find on earth :ulachen001:

Instead of letting the country flourish and stealing little here and there, we take 100% of what comes in. Arabs allow for development then steal alot based on qabiil but satiate the weaker clans and make sure they're all well off :eating:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I've never understood their obsession with money. I want money to gain influence to gain power, they've already got it.

They have a unique opportunity to reshape an entire society from the bottom up.

Someone should tell them legacy cannot be purchased.

:snoop:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Gulf Arabs hit the oil jackpot. Yemen is a dirthole. Somalia don't have any wealth hence we are also a dirthole.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Gulf Arabs hit the oil jackpot. Yemen is a dirthole. Somalia don't have any wealth hence we are also a dirthole.

Yemen was actually alright bro, and it was relatively oil rich. Saudi and the west suppressed whatever chance yemen had at flourishing, same with Iraq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending