ARDAY - 20.3 million views on YouTube

This is an amazing success for a Somali TV show, as these numbers purely reflect the current size of interest from Somali audiences in Somalia and around the world. If the production levels and story lines went even higher, these numbers would quadruple with the influx of foreign audiences. This is what happened to the South Korean industry in the 1990s, which then became a global hit in the 2000s. Hope this inspires more people to follow suit;

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
This is an amazing success for a Somali TV show, as these numbers purely reflect the current size of interest from Somali audiences in Somalia and around the world. If the production levels and story lines went even higher, these numbers would quadruple with the influx of foreign audiences. This is what happened to the South Korean industry in the 1990s, which then became a global hit in the 2000s. Hope this inspires more people to follow suit;

Yooo we going to have Somali SDramas! thats wild! :krs:

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
The first episode had me dead, niggas started with celebrations of tiktoker reaching 1 million we finished :pachah1::damn::deadrose:then shit gets bombed kkkk

Last edited:

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Its makes me quite sad though cause it makes me imagine what life could have been in somalia and how school life like that was normal (minus all the explosions and stuff and the ciyaal suuq stuff)

We need Somalia to be fixed within 20 years time so we can get our entertainment and sports sect going i want to see Somalis winning gold at the Olympics Somalia at the world cup and Somali dramas becoming popular as Kdramas. Let's show Hollywood how is done by showing beautiful Somalis.

No, most of them were born in Saudi Arabia. I know some of them personally

Well, I don’t know about that, pretty sure I read somewhere that the director sourced the actors locally. In any case at-least it was filmed in Mogadishu. A good step in the right direction.

Between this and the Gravediggers wife, we have some really amazing production quality in our films. We just need to start cultivating our movie industry and African cinema will be quickly dominated by us :westbrookswag:

Nin123

Hunted
VIP

Nah this drama makes Xalimos look so masculine and way less feminine. The leading actress is hella lesbian walhy πŸ˜‚

Bahal

Κœα΄€α΄„α΄‹α΄‡α΄… ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Imagine if we didn't lose the last 33 years.

I was watching some videos of 80s Somalia a while back thinking how modern (for the time) everything looked, from the music, to the dress, to the carefree attitude. Felt like 80s America transplanted to Somalia.

Mudug_gyal

Ω„Ψ§ ΨͺΩŽΩ‚Ω’Ω†ΩŽΨ·ΩΩˆΨ§ مِنْ Ψ±ΩŽΨ­Ω’Ω…ΩŽΨ©Ω Ψ§Ω„Ω„ΩŽΩ‘Ω‡
VIP
Why did they have to kill off the cute one?

All local.
The director is a Finland residing, Kenyan raised, fob, who is mentally langaab’d:
his production company and his crew are either from Kenya or Ethiopia:
IMG_1405.jpeg

His habsha handler^

IMG_1400.jpeg

^kenyatti prodcuer.

IMG_1402.jpeg

Kenyatta camera man^

This laangaab pleb should be banned from directing or ever going near a camera.
He’s an utterly tasteless buffoon, capitalizing on the Somalis who haven’t cultivated an ample standard of sensibilities.
This bastard is media illiterate and so is the eagerly retarded audience.
Every pic of him on set he’s standing next to a Kenyatti. He’s a culturally kenyatti tasteless buffoon who carries not an ounce of Somali sentimentality.
1705009663543.jpeg

I refuse for the Somali revival of cinema to be this tasteless qashin coming out of this culturally cucked bastard. Nothing about this show is Somali. It’s a Kenyatti show.

He’s only coming to Mogadishu bc it’s cheaper to shoot and no money needs to paid for shooting taxes. So his kenyatti owners captilized on him, I wouldn’t suprised if he wasn’t Ogaden, they’re used to getting xooged by Kenyans.
He makes trauma p*rn for culturally unsophisticated dimwits who’ll flock to anything sold by a Somali, even if it’s visibly poison. Even the synopsis is hilarious β€œrape” β€œblackmail” and β€œforced marriage”. It’s thematically inconsistent and shit paced. Most undergraduate student films are better than this soap opera qashin.
1705010122316.png

It’s a shame that our cultural revival of the visual arts is getting snuffed by this low brow Kenyatti Finnish homosexual.
1705010339898.jpeg

Last edited:
Between this and the Gravediggers wife, we have some really amazing production quality in our films. We just need to start cultivating our movie industry and African cinema will be quickly dominated by us :westbrookswag:
What African cinema? Indians are doing far better, all things considered. My local theatres have at least 30% of movies from India these days. But I guess that can partially be blamed on the decline of the West's ability to make consistently good movies like they did 8 years ago. Nowadays its just one movie that becomes popular than everyone stops talking about the cinemas.

Trending

Latest posts