Autism in the Somali community

my mother is Dhulbahante-father -majeeerten but i have different father to my younger brothers, their father is ogaden. my personal vitamin D intake is daily 1 tablet 4000iu d3 with k2 combined in it 100ug.
3/6 siblings is very high,Autism is strongly genetic
Families with one child with autism have an increased chance of having another child with autism when compared with the general population. The chance of having another affected child is estimated to be around 1 in 5.
Family members of a person with autism also tend to have higher rates of autistic traits.
Twin studies demonstrate that when one identical (monozygotic) twin is affected by autism, there’s a very high chance the other twin will be affected also (77% in one large study). With fraternal (dizygotic) twins, who have a different genetic makeup to each other, the chance is much less.https://www.autismawareness.com.au/understanding-autism/causes

3/6 siblings is very high,Autism is strongly genetic
Families with one child with autism have an increased chance of having another child with autism when compared with the general population. The chance of having another affected child is estimated to be around 1 in 5.
Family members of a person with autism also tend to have higher rates of autistic traits.
Twin studies demonstrate that when one identical (monozygotic) twin is affected by autism, there’s a very high chance the other twin will be affected also (77% in one large study). With fraternal (dizygotic) twins, who have a different genetic makeup to each other, the chance is much less.https://www.autismawareness.com.au/understanding-autism/causes
interesting, would you agree its not actually the migration to colder climate but inherently genetic-lack of foreign admixture ?

reality is we don't know enough about autism to viably make claims about this, though the abnormal rate within our community has puzzled me for a long time also.

to add on to this, I think we have a significantly higher rate of mental illness (bipolar/schizophrenia) than others too, I wonder what could cause all this

Trending