Autism spectrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
How common is autism in somali community, I think some people in here are autistic judging by their posts, joking about rape and genocide.

dhagax

no comments
What i have seen and heard its most common in Somali community in america. I believe its something to do with the vaccination.

McD30

Bored to death
For centuries we cousin marriage and never had autism. Cousin marriage in Somalia is different because cousins that we marry are 2,3,4,5,6 degree cousins not your typical first degree cousin.
Autism is a relatively new disorder. They might have had autism but were known as dhaandaan.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
The reason that somalis have a high rate of autism is the same reason somalis have high rates of schizophrenia. I believe it's at least partly genetic. Both are high in the community and oddly enough have high rates of comorbidity.

Also, age is a huge reason as well. Most of the somalis having autistic and delayed children are 40+ frankly and the men are even older.

Somalis should: stop marrying first and second cousins and stop having children in their late 40s and 50s.

Status
Not open for further replies.