bcc presenter makes racist joke about Somali athletes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear MR Samale

Reference CAS-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks for getting in touch, and we apologise for the delay in responding to you.

Please be assured that the senior editorial teams at BBC Radio Cumbria and at the BBC North East and Cumbria region recognise and acknowledge that presenter Ian Timms’ comments here were inappropriate, and we apologise for any offence caused by them.

We have circulated your complaint to senior management and the ‘Ian Timms’ programme in this overnight report.

These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC and ensures that your complaint has been seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future programmes.

Thanks once again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

Neil Salt

BBC Complaints Team

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Dear MR Samale
Arsene-Wenger-008.jpg

Seoul

. . .
Dear MR Samale

Reference CAS-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks for getting in touch, and we apologise for the delay in responding to you.

Please be assured that the senior editorial teams at BBC Radio Cumbria and at the BBC North East and Cumbria region recognise and acknowledge that presenter Ian Timms’ comments here were inappropriate, and we apologise for any offence caused by them.

We have circulated your complaint to senior management and the ‘Ian Timms’ programme in this overnight report.

These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC and ensures that your complaint has been seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future programmes.

Thanks once again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

Neil Salt

BBC Complaints Team
They've replied the exact message to me too. That pig needs to be fired

Actually i complained to them with the name nin madow . I edited that name out as this a notoriously anti madow website.

Seoul ,we do not a
Have a "victim hood" culture .once we are organised and develop a culture of "victim hood " and entitlement we can expect people to take us seriously .for now ,our aim has to be for more Somalis to take up these kinds of issues and demand to be treated like other ethnic groups .

Seoul

. . .
Actually i complained to them with the name nin madow . I edited that name out as this a notoriously anti madow website.

Seoul ,we do not a
Have a "victim hood" culture .once we are organised and develop a culture of "victim hood " and entitlement we can expect people to take us seriously .for now ,our aim has to be for more Somalis to take up these kinds of issues and demand to be treated like other ethnic groups .
I agree wallahi. Somalis are treated as a joke by society. We can be ridiculed in the west as they know, we won't be taking further action. A friend of mine's family member had something happen serious to her in hospital due to lack of communication from the so called professionals. I've told her to take their ass to court. Until we do something abt it, nothing will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts