Berbera port deal details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP

DP world will be getting 65% of the 140mil which the Port generates alone. 2017 budget will surely be affected unless the govt finds someway to compensate. 30 years to reap the fruits of this deal will be very painful

@AbdiJohnson @waraabe

waraabe

Your superior
The budget issue is a short term one. I still support this program for several reasons

1) that income will be tripled once the port is expanded and modernized
2) the 30% of Ethiopia's imports. The fact their economy is growing rapidly will mean growth in imports and that potential 30% will increase
3) a signal to other foreign investment - perhaps the most important factor
4) creation of jobs for locals
5) other benefits

I did not get the @ in my notifications otherwise I would have answered hours before.

65%

Wow. I said it weeks ago it's higher than 45%. Didnt I say this? Look at the archives. I said this and I was right.

Sad day for SL.

65% from government revenues when the government couldn't even pave roads with the 100% share they got just weeks ago.

There are subclan meetings here in my city to pave the roads and now this government wants to give 65% of port revenues.

With absolutely no investment from DP World without seeing "performance". They give no definition to what "performance" even is.

@waraabe is still bootyclapping for this deal because his beloved Kulmiye signed it. The deal is holy to him.

The deal will reap no fruits. SL will be poorer and more unstable because of this deal. They won't be able to pay soldiers and civil servants.

The government cannot dare to give airport management to a foreign nationals or the reer south Hargeisa will topple Kulmiye. He only did it to Berbera folk because Berbera folk support him. But Berbera folk will turn on him after they realize what this deal has done to their town.

waraabe

Your superior
65% from government revenues when the government couldn't even pave roads with the 100% share they got just weeks ago.

There are subclan meetings here in my city to pave the roads and now this government wants to give 65% of port revenues.

With absolutely no investment from DP World without seeing "performance". They give no definition to what "performance" even is.

@waraabe is still bootyclapping for this deal because his beloved Kulmiye signed it. The deal is holy to him.

I hate qudhmiye and WADANI, they are qabiil clubs and I prefer a night club to a qabiil club.

The deal will cost 60% of $140m in the short term

But use your caqli, that money will triple once the port within few years. So think of it like that, it is a short term disadvantages that are out weighed by the advantages of the long term. The berbera corridor has huge potential.

Use your brain Aboowe

waraabe

Your superior
The government cannot dare to give airport management to a foreign nationals or the reer south Hargeisa will topple Kulmiye. He only did it to Berbera folk because Berbera folk support him. But Berbera folk will turn on him after they realize what this deal has done to their town.

You dirty communist. I support privatization. Privatize hargeisa airport so we can have efficient, Smooth and modern running

I hate qudhmiye and WADANI, they are qabiil clubs and I prefer a night club to a qabiil club.

The deal will cost 60% of $140m in the short term

But use your caqli, that money will triple once the port within few years. So think of it like that, it is a short term disadvantages that are out weighed by the advantages of the long term. The berbera corridor has huge potential.

Use your brain Aboowe

There is no promised expansion.

Use your brain. Ethiopians and locals will not come flocking to Berbera just because DP World logo is labelled all over the port.

Berbera port will need to see a crazy amount of increased traffic to even get back what SL has lost in revenue.

It's over. This is what happens when you have octogenarians running your government. He is of the generation that thinks Arabs are holy people.

waraabe

Your superior
There is no promised expansion.

Use your brain. Ethiopians and locals will not come flocking to Berbera just because DP World logo is labelled all over the port.

Berbera port will need to see a crazy amount of increased traffic to even get back what SL has lost in revenue.

It's over. This is what happens when you have octogenarians running your government. He is of the generation that thinks Arabs are holy people.

I don't mind. I am happy with this decision.

You dirty communist. I support privatization. Privatize hargeisa airport so we can have efficient, Smooth and modern running

I'm no communist. My parents fled communist Somalia while you fled war.

Ports should never be in the hands of corporations. Especially foreign ones.

At least if the corporation was local, it wouldn't be so bad. At least the money would be spent locally by the company. You know, hiring more people, expanding their operations. This money will be spent in the UAE and to pay foreign shareholders.

Status
Not open for further replies.