Book recommendation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf
Let's have one of these threads. I'm not doing much this summer so I want to read some books before heading back to uni to read even more books. I have just borrowed 'All Quit on the Western Front' but want to know more MUST READ books.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
das%20kapital%20cover.jpg

:rejoice:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
How old are you and what kind of books you like? Fiction/non fiction/scifi?

I enjoyed all quiet on the western front. I read it along with Catcher in the rye (recommend it) in high school.

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf
How old are you and what kind of books you like? Fiction/non fiction/scifi?

I enjoyed all quiet on the western front. I read it along with Catcher in the rye (recommend it) in high school.
I'm 22. I like both fiction and non fiction. I have read Catcher in the rye back in HS, but I didn't like it really. I prefer war books tbh.

I have heard good things about Heart of Darkness, anyone read it?
book1.jpg

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I only read books about babies and healthy eating stuff. Not sure if that'll interest you..

I was going to say, my fav books this month were purification of the heart and reclaim your heart. But sspot has been leaning towards nihilism lately.:(

How is your pregnancy going abaayo? You must be so excited! :)

Really? Why?

@nucleus Just post your favorite titles bro. I'm a pleb regarding books, so maybe after reading a bit of the plot I will like one of your recs
Full of racism white man who came for work in Congo and heart of darkness is country, Congo people are savages who worshiped at end the other white man and he mentioned cannibals Congo

I was going to say, my fav books this month were purification of the heart and reclaim your heart. But sspot has been leaning towards nihilism lately.:(

How is your pregnancy going abaayo? You must be so excited! :)

I've been reading Reclaim your Heart during Ramadan! Amazing book so far.

Sspot waa ina laga hawo gedisto marmar. Staying here too long naxariista dhan aa ka tageeyso.

It's going well abaayo, approaching 26 weeks. Thanks for asking macaanto. Yes, very excited! Another Somali nomad will join this world soon!

Heart of Darkness is a good book. Also,

I've been reading Reclaim your Heart during Ramadan! Amazing book so far.

Sspot waa ina laga hawo gedisto marmar. Staying here too long naxariista dhan aa ka tageeyso.

It's going well abaayo, approaching 26 weeks. Thanks for asking macaanto. Yes, very excited! Another Somali nomad will join this world soon!
Take vitamin for pregnancy and iron for the baby

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
  • One flew over the cuckoo's nest
  • The alchemist
  • Gone girl (better than the movie)
  • The girl on the train
  • Middlesex (really strange book but i loved it)
  • Four agreements
I have ecclectic taste when it comes to books not sure if you'll find it enjoyable.

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf
  • One flew over the cuckoo's nest
  • The alchemist
  • Gone girl (better than the movie)
  • The girl on the train
  • Middlesex (really strange book but i loved it)
  • Four agreements
I have ecclectic taste when it comes to books not sure if you'll find it enjoyable.
Thanks bro, will look into the plot and see if I find some of them interesting :nvjpqts:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
View attachment 4974
I found this chart. Is it shit or good?

I've read two of the books in the first row in their original language hated them both, especially the stranger by Albert Camus- ( it's about extentialism/racism etc) very slow.

Sounds like a pretentious list, read what you like. I liked Lolita tho, was a creepy gross book. Read it far too young. :ftw9nwa:

Status
Not open for further replies.