Can intelligent people get bad grades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a common misconception...Einstein was actually getting good grades.... (6) being highest mark you can get in Germany.

18kwmssimlx39jpg.jpg
Got a 3 in french tho :fittytousand:

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
I wouldn't say you are dumb. Exams measure how good you are at taking standardised tests and like anything, can be improved through repetition.

True mark of genius is not studying at all and getting full As. I envy people who can do that :ivers:
That was me in junior high :damn:

maestro

Cultural revolution
Einstein got excellent grades. People need to look for other ways to feel better about themselves for their shit grades and laziness instead of making up lies about successful people :lolbron:

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
Einstein got excellent grades. People need to look for other ways to feel better about themselves for their shit grades and laziness instead of making up lies about successful people :lolbron:
Let me guess you're butthurt because you actually have to try hard to get good grades :drakekidding:

Natural intelligence is a factor, but so is how hard the classes you're taking and how much effort you're putting in. Lord knows our community has a lot of wasted academic potential, just put as much as u can in, n leave the rest to G

I've actually been wondering if genuinely intelligent people can be at Maths. By that I mean advanced Maths not secondary/high-school level stuff. Am I wrong in saying people with high fluid intelligence should be able to grasp upper-level Maths?
Math doesn't require that much intelligence bro. Any average person can be good at it. Average students with an uncompromising mindset and a hunger/drive to success can get straight As in school. Inversely, an above average person would fail if he or she doesn't put in the required effort. Intelligence alone will not get anyone anywhere in life.

Math doesn't require that much intelligence bro. Any average person can be good at it. Average students with an uncompromising mindset and a hunger/drive to success can get straight As in school. Inversely, an above average person would fail if he or she doesn't put in the required effort. Intelligence alone will not get anyone anywhere in life.

One should also define what is meant by "upper-level maths". Vector calculus is a lot more trivial and intuitive to most people than say functional analysis. Also, intelligence, especially the kind that excels in things like mathematics and theoretical physics is a pretty fluid thing and more like a muscle that can be strengthened than an immutable quality like your height. I'm speaking from experience here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts