Caribbean Black Woman Vents About the Dysfunction in Her Community. Would You Say the Same Applies to Ours?

Another anti men thread, the kaafirad and her feminist minions certainly are working overtime. Just completely divest and leave our community alone.
Stop with the calaacal. You’re a young men from a two parent home who still ended up in trouble and had to go through daqan celis. Why don’t you tell us what made you do this and why you felt you fell into the wrong crowd despite being from a good family?

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I laughed at your comment because sadly I’m of a Gen in which a few sons of family friends got locked up, had to go through daqan celis or due to messing around in their youth and hanging out with local dealers haven’t lived up to their potential but 8/10 times the sisters have degrees and the younger bothers are doing a lot better then the older.

As for low ‘income’ most Somalis in the UK were low income at one point with some doing better than others but for the most part we’ve always been working class.

It isn’t a ‘myth’ it’s what I saw in the 2000s and 2010s.

My mom's family arrived here while she was in her preteens. My mom, her siblings and cousins pretty much grew up in the inner city. Out of all of my uncles that grew up here only like 3 out of 8 turned out fine.

I believe the major reason why they turned out fine was because of the fact they moved away for college right after they graduated high school. They didn't even try staying in the area. 2 of my uncles earned scholarships in high school while the other legit took loans and gave no fucks. They were all determined to leave the hood.

All 3 of those guys are upper middle class and earned some solid degrees in stem. They all live in nice suburban areas and their kids have turned out pretty fine so far. All of their oldest children are attending some nice universities currently.

That generation of Somali men honestly got fucked. Most of them had useless fathers that didn't know how to parent and raised their kids in the hood.

My mom's family arrived here while she was in her preteens. My mom, her siblings and cousins pretty much grew up in the inner city. Out of all of my uncles that grew up here only like 3 out of 8 turned out fine.

I believe the major reason why they turned out fine was because of the fact they moved away for college right after they graduated high school. They didn't even try staying in the area. 2 of my uncles earned scholarships in high school while the other legit took loans and gave no fucks. They were all determined to leave the hood.

All 3 of those guys are upper middle class and earned some solid degrees in stem. They all live in nice suburban areas and their kids have turned out pretty fine so far. All of their oldest children are attending some nice universities currently.
I genuinely think boys are more impacted by the type of area you raise them rather than just having a father ect. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not downplaying fathers but a you’d be surprised how many boys have still went down a bad path whilst mum and dad were still together and many of those fathers weren’t bad at all.

I agree, its probably because they moved since I know plenty of people who are from two parent households and unfortunately some boys still fell into the wrong crowd because irs hard to protect your son when you’re raising them in an area notorious for gangs.

It’s the council houses and benefits that have done more harm than a father not being around. Most of the examples I gave, the adeero was right at home and some have truly tried but when your English is that great, work as a taxi driver for 12 hours and live In the ghetto, it isn’t surprising .

Last edited:
@Afeik_Abiy

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As much as I come for dead beat Somali fathers ect when I actually think about it, I know Somali fathers who did actually try with their kids still be victims of having wayward sons. Some have personally took their sons back home and have tried to put them on the straight and narrow. I suppose for some it worked as whilst their sons might not the most educated, they’ve saved them from jail.
I actually do agree with you on that latter point. One of the most ciyaalsuuq guys I knew growing out (had a gun charge and hung out with hood niggas despite our high school being majority middle-class whites) had an active father in his life. My guess is he got fucked over by living in a section 8 neighborhood and befriending the wrong crowd

I actually do agree with you on that latter point. One of the most ciyaalsuuq guys I knew growing out (had a gun charge and hung out with hood niggas despite our high school being majority middle-class whites) had an active father in his life. My guess is he got fucked over by living in a section 8 neighborhood and befriending the wrong crowd
I think in the context of Somalis, simply talking about family dynamics and whether the parents are good is far too simplistic. I know fathers who have struggled to rein their sons in and have tried their best whilst having their own drawbacks like low level English, low income and raising kids in a bad area, but still they were good men dealt a bad hand in a gaal country they don't know the system of with sons in an environment a boomer father can't relate to.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Not even close sure we have our own skeletons in the closet but it cant be compared or even come close to african american problems