Cause of family dysfunction and separation

For along time I was wandering the root cause of Somali family dysfunction in western countries. And believe me this is worth researching because the outcomes would be disturbed souls who are burden to earth. I come to the conclusion that the the environment and the nature of homes contribute because enclosed home with limited oxygen can cause depression and stress which would built to limit and cause irrational thinking and foolish decisions. To combat this problem I would suggest reciting Quran frequently. With out criticizing I would appreciate if any one of you could add any insight

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Were most Somali families always dysfunctional or did they become dysfunctional after the civil war?

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Were most Somali families always dysfunctional or did they become dysfunctional after the civil war?
i would say that issues have always been there but the challenges that folk back ex 1920 faced are different to those of this age

Juke

VIP
Interesting. Why do you say that?

Most Somalis within the last 3 generations were in the harsh nomad life. Constantly warring and raiding for resources vs rival clans/tribes. Men would marry new wives up to old age, divorce old ones, the children from different mothers would not like each other.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
For along time I was wandering the root cause of Somali family dysfunction in western countries. And believe me this is worth researching because the outcomes would be disturbed souls who are burden to earth. I come to the conclusion that the the environment and the nature of homes contribute because enclosed home with limited oxygen can cause depression and stress which would built to limit and cause irrational thinking and foolish decisions. To combat this problem I would suggest reciting Quran frequently. With out criticizing I would appreciate if any one of you could add any insight
i've have friend with diabetes whom has a father who is never there like the father probably know the insight of most airports more than the age of his son and due diabetes he has a anger issue over the years he has become more anti social closing himselfs in his room stoped talking to his dad due how much he dislikes him

Duchess

VIP
Most Somalis within the last 3 generations were in the harsh nomad life. Constantly warring and raiding for resources vs rival clans/tribes. Men would marry new wives up to old age, divorce old ones, the children from different mothers would not like each other.

So do you think our current problems are a consequence of our inherently dysfunctional culture / society?

Somali's were always dysfunctional people mostly due to a uniquely dysfunctional culture. The uncritical herd-mentality of the majority of Somalis has combined with an inability to accept the reality of their situation and improve themselves. Somali's have an excessive amount of pride, but since it based on nothing, it is nothing but bluster. There is a reason why farming and blacksmithing are seen as "lowly" professions by Somali's, we do not have a good work ethic in our culture

The civil war exacerbated these issues, but they were always there. I predict the large bulk of the Somali diaspora will fall into the American lower classes.

Juke

VIP
So do you think our current problems are a consequence of our inherently dysfunctional culture / society?

Yes. Somali culture doesn't value what most civilized cultures value such as: Hardwork, Education, Generating family wealth, Building up the children to be complete adults, etc.

The Somali nomads considered hard work such as fishing/farming/craftsmanship to all be shameful. They didn't want to stay married to a single wife and raise their kids together, they would marry new ones when they wanted. They were illiterate, unsophisticated didn't know how to read or write not that it mattered to them.

Duchess

VIP
Somali's were always dysfunctional people mostly due to a uniquely dysfunctional culture. The uncritical herd-mentality of the majority of Somalis has combined with an inability to accept the reality of their situation and improve themselves. Somali's have an excessive amount of pride, but since it based on nothing, it is nothing but bluster. There is a reason why farming and blacksmithing are seen as "lowly" professions by Somali's, we do not have a good work ethic in our culture

The civil war exacerbated these issues, but they were always there. I predict the large bulk of the Somali diaspora will fall into the American lower classes.

Damn! That was an ether.:damn: I don’t even know how to respond to that. I admit our community is dysfunctional now but I always thought it was a result of the civil war and mass displacement not something inherent within our culture and society. That means a very gloomy future for the Somali community.:kanyehmm:

The Somali environment creates the Somali mindset.

Endless coastline for unlimited fish, small human population, the largest camel population in the world, massive landmass for livestock grazing. There is no need for agriculture or productivity.

Compare this with the Jews. Always a minority, persecuted for most history, exiled. Yet they always rise and retain their culture. They have to work to survive, whilst the Somali can relax.

Juke

VIP
The Somali environment creates the Somali mindset.

Endless coastline for unlimited fish, small human population, the largest camel population in the world, massive landmass for livestock grazing. There is no need for agriculture or productivity.

Compare this with the Jews. Always a minority, persecuted for most history, exiled. Yet they always rise and retain their culture. They have to work to survive, with the Somali can relax.

68 IQ fr :reallymaury: lazy and dumb.

Trending