Computer geeks come in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you sign a two year contract for 150 mbps download and upload speed for the same price as a 30 mbps download speed without a contract?

I don't watch TV shows and movies often and i use my tablet or phone to browse the Internet at home.

I don't really like contracts. Is it worth the switch?

It's like marriage. There are costs to breaking up the arrangement

:hemad:

I would have expected you of all people to be of good use since you're a computer wizard.

How blazing fast is 150? I think it's a scam. Normal internet is already blazing fast.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
If you don't plan on moving to US of Trump and you're satisfied with your current ISP I don't see why not? I personally hate contracts too and 2 years is a long time to be tied down but for me personally it would be worth it. Although you'll notice minimal/no difference if literally all you do is browse webpages. Do you have people living with you?

It's internet not marriage.
2 years is not a joke

Two years is long though.

But if you are uploading and downloading a public library each month take it.

These internet companies are going nuts! Alberta has the highest utility and cable contract default rates since Oil Xaared the bed.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Que? Why are you paying for a 30 mbps package if all you use is a tablet and mobile phone? 8 mbps - 15 mbps should be enough.

If I do move, I can just move the internet with me. If I move somewhere and that area is a place they don't serve, I can break the contract without penalty. Moving isnt the issue.

My worry is if they mistreat me as a customer for two years or if I find a better deal.

Que? Why are you paying for a 30 mbps package if all you use is a tablet and mobile phone? 8 mbps - 15 mbps should be enough.

YouTube videos and internet browsing and limited Kodi/Netflix would be perfect with 8-15?

I only use up 10% of my monthly allocated GB as well.

Two years is long though.

But if you are uploading and downloading a public library each month take it.

These internet companies are going nuts! Alberta has the highest utility and cable contract default rates since Oil Xaared the bed.

There's some serious competition going on these days

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
I'd go with the contract if they're the same price. 30 mbps is not that fast, and the actual speed you get will always be slower than what they advertise.

But that's just me because I'm a heavy internet user/torrenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.