Cultural appropriation on the Rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cultural appropriation has been a problem for quite a long time.. But it seems it came to affect Somalis in full force for the last 25 years where some try to fit i the arab blue print, SJW's try to adapt all cultures as they come by and feminist xalimos been riding the cadaan feminism in full force.
I came across this movement called uhuru and guess what i found lol a xalimo among. Now look how far xalimos are willing to go just to fit in.. she literally made herself look like a maasai lady:chrisfreshhah:
IMG_2428.PNG

IMG_2429.PNG

Last edited:
Cultural appropriation has been a problem for quite a long time.. But it seems it came to affect Somalis in full force for the last 25 years where some try to fit i the arab blue print, SJW's try to adapt all cultures as they come by and feminist xalimos been riding the cadaan feminism in full force.
I came across this movement called uhuru and guess what i found lol a xalimo among. Now look how far xalimos are willing to go just to fit in.. she literally made herself look like a maasai lady:chrisfreshhah:View attachment 13891

View attachment 13892

Unfortunately, that isn't just a SJW issue. It is an issue affecting all Somalis. Somalis will always wear and copy other people never the other way around. Thanks to decades of Arabisation under the guise of Islam, Somali culture is seen as bad, but Arab culture is no problem. We have morons wearing shalwar kameez, Indian saris and gulf Arab tents.:pacspit:

It's considered fashion nowadays back home to get married looking like Hindus from Calcutta. I never thought I would see the day where Somalis ape timojilics and dhegcas. What's next, Somalis wearing Korean and Japanese kimonos?:kodaksmiley:

Unfortunately, that isn't just a SJW issue. It is an issue affecting all Somalis. Somalis will always wear and copy other people never the other way around. Thanks to decades of Arabisation under the guise of Islam, Somali culture is seen as bad, but Arab culture is no problem. We have morons wearing shalwar kameez, Indian saris and gulf Arab tents.:pacspit:

It's considered fashion nowadays back home to get married looking like Hindus from Calcutta. I never thought I would see the day where Somalis ape timojilics and dhegcas. What's next, Somalis wearing Korean and Japanese kimonos?:kodaksmiley:
It only affects the there types i already mentioned (religious fanatics, feminists and SJW groups) not a strong character like me:birdman: But again this is Why a cultural and political revolution is needed and bring the days when garees was more popular than burkas and the sayiids struggles were more popular than the Abu fulan stories ( hadiths) or when dhagdheer was a role model (still fiction character) instead of modern radical feminists :bell:

I came across this movement called uhuru and guess what i found lol a xalimo among. Now look how far xalimos are willing to go just to fit in.. she literally made herself look like a maasai lady:chrisfreshhah:View attachment 13891

View attachment 13892

They are fellowers not leaders

A Somali wearimg a kimono would look hilarious
:drakelaugh:

At least Korean and Japanese have rich cultures minus the disgusting food and paganism. Hindus? La xawla wala quwata ilaa bilaah.

In the Somali mosque, they have five clocks each showing the time of each of the five prayers. The one for duhur prayer reads "zuhur":ohlord: like the timo jilics read it. Somalis even call sambusas samosas now. It's like they are robots that you can program into saying and doing whatever you want. We have little respect and appreciation for our dhaqan sxb. Xagee loo socdaa?:umwhat:

VixR

Veritas
I may not like what someone's wearing personally, like with when Somali guys are donning the Arabian thobe, but cultural appropriation is really and truly a misnomer in the context of globalization! White people wearing dreads and a Somali wearing thobes and niqabs is -bottom on the list of anyone with a sound mind's list of issues.

The girl in the picture, u can tell she's eccentric and different, and mad cool to hang out with. However, you paint it as a copycat move, it's not normative at all. She's pretty and pulled it off well!

Last edited:
I may not like what someone's wearing personally, like with when Somali guys are donning the Arabian thobe, but cultural appropriation is really and truly a misnomer in the context of globalization! White people wearing dreads and a Somali wearing thobes and niqabs is -bottom on the list of anyone with a sound mind's list of issues.

The girl in the picture, u can tell she's eccentric and different, and mad cool to hang out with. However, you paint it as a copycat move, it's not normative at all. She's pretty and pulled it off well!
If she was really proud of her roots and stay original as she is trying to depict wouldnt it be much better if she looked like something like this considering that she is somali
IMG_2430.PNG

VixR

Veritas
If she was really proud of her roots and stay original as she is trying to depict wouldnt it be much better if she looked like something like this considering that she is somaliView attachment 13899
And how did you come to that? Its not that black and white. A couple months ago, I attended a friend's sister's Peruvian quince and wore South American style dress, and was done up in their way. Had you gotten a hold of the image, you would've waned on with that drivel about arent you a Somali woman why didn't you wear a dirac kkk. I'm wearing loungers rn, perhaps I should go wear my mom's bati to be more original. It would be one thing to express dislike of the look, but to you it screams a lost identity. My god, you guys are x1000.

And how did you come to that? Its not that black and white. A couple months ago, I attended a friend's sister's Peruvian quince and wore South American style dress, and was done up in their way. Had you gotten a hold of the image, you would've waned on with that drivel about arent you a Somali woman why didn't you wear a dirac kkk. I'm wearing loungers rn, perhaps I should go wear my mom's bati to be more original. It would be one thing to express dislike of the look, but to you it screams a lost identity. My god, you guys are x1000.

Its not about what you were for one or two occassion like you just Said about that Peruvian attire.. But here we have a xalimo who is part of a pan-african movement group and decides to look as much maasai as she can and tries to change every bit of her somali roots:drakelaugh:she sometimes rocks west african attire too i wish you could see her social media lol

VixR

Veritas
Its not about what you were for one or two occassion like you just Said about that Peruvian attire.. But here we have a xalimo who is part of a pan-african movement group and decides to look as much maasai as she can and tries to change every bit of her somali roots:drakelaugh:she sometimes rocks west african attire too i wish you could see her social media lol
So it just keeps going back to the identity thing! She's identifies with the Pan-African movement, and you're bothered :mjlol:Another Somali will wear a Arab khamis 24/7 and I may not like it for what it is, but I can see he identifies with the religiousity claims attached to the presentation, and the sky isn't falling, but you're bothered :mjlol:

Wallahi I half feel like qarxising myself onto here in a Kimono just to piss you stick-up-the-butt sensitives off :mjpls:

Agreeing with an ideology is now... Cultural appropriation??? :ayaanswag:

look up the definition again sxb
We are not talking about the ideology here But rather How she tries to fit the african identity by changing her entire looks and attire.... i agree alot with fascism concept of superiority But i dont walk around with the nazi attire and the swastika:comeon: capisci

We are not talking about the ideology here But rather How she tries to fit the african identity by changing her entire looks and attire.... i agree alot with fascism concept of superiority But i dont walk around with the nazi attire and the swastika:comeon: capisci

Still haven't explained how feminist xalimos appropriate yt feminists tho :cosbyhmm: it doesn't fit the rest of your argument

i agree alot with fascism concept of superiority But i dont walk around with the nazi attire and the swastika

:susp:

Status
Not open for further replies.