Dealing with toxic male Somalis

Sorry just needed to vent. I’ve worked in two different Somali owned companies since last year. This has been my first time working with Somalis and my coworkers have been predominantly . One was an adult day care and the manager I had was extremely misogynistic. And this isn’t me throwing the term lightly. There were a group of young Somali guys who were my coworkers, all conventionally attractive however they all had such toxic views on women. I’m especially highlighting the attractive part because many of us think Somali incels are ugly. But the main perpetrator was the manager. He constantly enjoyed debating about topics pertaining to women and often his views were controversial. An example would be him not believeing in post partum depression despite claiming his own wife and mother suffered from it. This man also seemed like he had a crush on a teenager and made her uncomfortable all while his wife had just given birth and nearly died from childbirth. He also gave the women the most difficult jobs, all while giving us shorter breaks and the men had the easiest job and had longer breaks. He fired the women who challenged him, I remember us leaving in terrible terms because a few times I spoke up and I had no idea he was harbouring resentment until I left the job. He also mainly fired the women and whenever we would play games he would get physical with .

his other coworkers shared the same views as him, I remember once hearing them about us, calling us old and how many of us are not married.

I went to a warehouse job and the men there are just as terrible. Also, double standards is so prevalent, especially pertaining to marriage, including interracial marriage. There is so much support for men marrying outside their race but disdain towards the women who do. I’ve had Somali men use abuse as a justification for why a Somali woman shouldn’t marry outside her race as if Somali men can’t be abusive too. it seems like they only view Somali women as baby making machines where our only goal in life is to pump babies otherwise they will go ahead an marry a second wife. One man had the audacity to tell me I should have ten kids otherwise my husband will marry another woman.

I feel so jaded being around these men eurgh

Yaraye

VIP
A warehouse job sis?!
Shocked Demi Lovato GIF

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dooyo

Inaba Caadi Maaha
Your first mistake was working at a Somali owned company. Why subjugate yourself to monkey business when you could work for/with civilized cadaans?