"Did yk your lil sis is acting like a wh*re online?" Random man to my sister at the Mosque

For context the oh so "scandalous" thing I did was post a selfie with my friends during recess...it was too "risque" because I wasn't wearing a hijab, literally everyone knows im a non hijabi I have no clue who this man is ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ why is the world coming at me these last few months omg
+He also told her that she should tell my parents so that they would "punish" me๐Ÿฅฑ

A lot of somali men seem to have this overfamiliarity with women they donโ€™t know unfortunately. Do you have a brother to check him?

Whereโ€™s the accountability?

Attachments

• IMG_4515.jpeg
    IMG_4515.jpeg
    837 KB · Views: 25
Wdym ready? Its a responsibilty all you have to do is put a scarf on your head and wear an abaya and not beautify yourself. Its genuinely ntd
This is exactly why I posted this in the *women's* den, a dude like you wouldn't understand that its not that easy to just wear a scarf or whatever else piece of clothing on your head for the rest of your life ever since you were 9

What does ntd even mean? And id be "seen" no matter what I wear, you're acting like the aabaya is some sort of invisibility cloak or something
It does help. Men are encouraged to lower the gaze and cover and same with women. Abayas really help as they cover the beauty inside.

But aren't you wrong for not wearing the hijaab?
In the west wearing a hijab is a "Process, Journey, Goal" It's not inherent like in Somalia. The most reasonable excuse I heard is that they have been harassed by islamophobes and are scared for their safety which I respect. However many times it's just out of wanting to beatify them selves. Unfortunately this is the major vice for women in this world, may allah swt make it easy for them all. It's the responsibility for Muslim men to create a safe space for our women folk. Especially for reer USA using our votes to lobby the policies we need for that sense of security to be achieved.

If that don't work buy a gun probably :damn:

Trending

Latest posts