Did you know that there was a mosque in Damascus that only Somalis could be the Imam of?

".. Our friend the scholar Abd al-Samad al-Jabarti al-Hanafi took the imam position then he died and Ibn Ma’ruf al-Jabarti took his place.. then its a condition that the imam be from the blessed Jabarti race and he be a Hanafi and have 10 students of his own kind to teach them Qur’an.. If there is no Hanafi jabarti imam then a Yemeni and if there is no yemeni then a Hijazi"

- This is about a mosque in Damascus. The writer says that it’s a condition that the imam is Jabarti, this contains a very important statement that clarifies that the Jabarites are Ajami not Arabs. This book was written in the 927 hijri/1521 ad and this happened in 1485 ad. I've linked a picture of the masjid in question and its name is المدرسة الصابونية.

Source: الدارس في تاريخ المدارس

GRQMiZrXIAAXLh6

image0.png

Last edited:

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement, T-Y16897 Arabi
- This is about a mosque in Damascus. The writer says that it’s a condition that the imam is Jabarti, this contains a very important statement that clarifies that the Jabarites are Ajami not Arabs. This book was written in the 927 hijri/1521 ad and this happened in 1485 ad. I've linked a picture of the masjid in question and its name is المدرسة الصابونية.

Source: الدارس في تاريخ المدارس

GRQMiZrXIAAXLh6

image0.png
brutal day for Ana Arabs

What an Amazing find . I love these types of historical curious of somali presence. It does make me wonder when hanfafis dies out in somalia and why that happened.

The Arabic word "الطائفة" (pronounced "al-ta'ifa") translates to "sect," "group," or "faction" in English. It is often used to refer to a religious sect or a subgroup within a larger religious and political faction. Race would be عرق or سلالة. Also المباركة means blessed. Why would dark skins be referred to as blessed? Unless they were considered to be of the prophet's lineage.
@Yami be weary of a certain Somali subgroup of Rwandan descent's misinformation and deception. Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius or so they say. I'm sure our brother here would kill to be born a Jabarti

Last edited: