Discussion

Is there any of the members know what do the somalis used as a sofa, pillows like (fadhi carbeed) or has anybody seen how do the somali forts, houses or castles look from inside.

i found some

these kinda look like sofas
IMG_7256.jpeg

IMG_7262.jpeg

gambar
IMG_7259.jpeg

this is the son yassin osman yusuf keynadid if am not mistake, buh what caught my attention is the gambar iyo miis ( well designed gambar )
IMG-20240919-WA0010.jpg

jiimbaar
IMG-20240919-WA0003.jpg

catiir
IMG-20240919-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20240919-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20240919-WA0005.jpg

i found this pic from the first footstep in east africa book, this is emir of harar, so i do ask myself if this how the emir get dress and use this table as his throne, then how ancient somali sultans will look a like
IMG-20240919-WA0009.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7258.jpeg
    IMG_7258.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 6
Searching around I could not find much, I recognise these items though. My mother decorates our family home with them, I dont think we ever used them, she likes adorning them on the walls.

I found a few items on the Somali Minnesota museum but mostly from the nomadic era. There is another similar cultural institution in Canada but it also seems to focus on houses and interiors from the nomadic era as well, New Somali cultural museum opens in Ottawa, their Facebook page Khayrhaye Somali Cultural Museum.

Anyways have a thread bump, hopefully someone more knowledgeable comes across your thread.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
I hated sitting on these little kursi.

They are usually made of goat/ camel skin and the little hairs pokes through your baati, so uncomfortable..

Party Animals GIF by Xbox

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Is there any of the members know what do the somalis used as a sofa, pillows like (fadhi carbeed) or has anybody seen how do the somali forts, houses or castles look from inside.

i found some

these kinda look like sofas
View attachment 343301
View attachment 343302

gambar
View attachment 343303

this is the son yassin osman yusuf keynadid if am not mistake, buh what caught my attention is the gambar iyo miis ( well designed gambar )
View attachment 343305

jiimbaar
View attachment 343306

catiir
View attachment 343308
View attachment 343307

View attachment 343309

i found this pic from the first footstep in east africa book, this is emir of harar, so i do ask myself if this how the emir get dress and use this table as his throne, then how ancient somali sultans will look a like
View attachment 343310

We have it at home in Kismaayo. Animal hide skin used for furniture. They can last long