Do you eat pork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Churches restrict it, I don't know about the Coptic one in Egypt but pork is taboo there anyways so they probably don't eat it either.
Other Orthodox Churches don't.

Do you know where I can find an online version of your bible? I have read the KJV since it is the one most western Christians use. I also read the NRSV for comparison. One website has all the bible versions in one spot and you can choose the version you want through a drop down window when you look up a verse.

You guys are similar to Serbian and Russian Orthodoxy? if I am not mistaken. What do you share with the Coptic church?

I know I asked too many questions. But I am curious.

Last edited:
waar meesha waa lagu waashay

This is the lost generation. Had not been 50 years yet since Somalis migrated to the west. Change happened too fast. Still a minority. But it is telling.

The Ethiopian brother here serves a good example of a cultured person. Someone who values their tradition.

Do you know where I can find an online version of your bible? I have read the KJV since it is the one most western Christians use. I also read the NRSV for comparison. One website has all the bible versions in one spot and you can choose the version you want through a drop down window when you look up a verse.

You guys are similar to Serbian and Russian Orthodoxy? if I am not mistaken. What do you share with the Coptic church?

I know I asked too many questions. But I am curious.

They are everywhere on most sites. Tigrigna and Amharic translations don't really vary at all. But our Church accepts more books than the other churches do so you can expect to see some additional books in our ones.
And no we are not that similar, they are both labelled Orthodoxy but they are different. We share similarities with the Coptic, Armenian, Syriac, Malankara and of course the Eritrean Church. These churches split off at an earlier time frame than the two you listed.

They are everywhere on most sites. Tigrigna and Amharic translations don't really vary at all. But our Church accepts more books than the other churches do so you can expect to see some additional books in our ones.
And no we are not that similar, they are both labelled Orthodoxy but they are different. We share similarities with the Coptic, Armenian, Syriac, Malankara and of course the Eritrean Church. These churches split off at an earlier time frame than the two you listed.

Thanks for the info. Would be interesting to see the additional books they carry that others don't.

What is your username in Latin alphabet? Can you translate it?

Thanks for the info. Would be interesting to see the additional books they carry that others don't.
The canonical books (books actually in use in a Church's bible) have been decided over a period of time. There are some books only used in our Church, for example the Book of Enoch, or "Henok" if you are aware of Habesha names. Only a very old Ge'ez version of this book managed to completely survive. Others believe the book is historically important (as if it was in the Bible it'd be around at the start of the Old Testament), but they did not canonise it.

The canonical books (books actually in use in a Church's bible) have been decided over a period of time. There are some books only used in our Church, for example the Book of Enoch, or "Henok" if you are aware of Habesha names. Only a very old Ge'ez version of this book managed to completely survive. Others believe the book is historically important (as if it was in the Bible it'd be around at the start of the Old Testament), but they did not canonise it.

If this is the same book in the link below, let me know. I will bookmark it and read when I have time till I finish it.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/index.htm

Do you a cross tattooed on your hand since Coptic Egyptians have it

Yeah it is that book

Oh cool, thanks for the verification. ሕጊ።።, btw, if you have a question about something Islamic, or you want to understand a concept in Islam, you can ask on here, in the Religion section. Or private me in case you don't feel like asking in public. I will share with you what I know for an answer, and if I don't, will refer you to a more knowledgeable source that have the answers.

Last edited:
Oh cool, thanks for the verification. ሕጊ።።, btw, if you have a question about something Islamic, or you want to understand a concept in Islam, you can ask on here, in the Religion section. Or private me in case you don't feel like asking in public. I will share with you what I know for an answer, and if I don't, will refer to you to a more knowledgeable source that have the answers.
Okay thank you :icon lol:

Okay thank you :icon lol:

Yea, sure, not a problem. In Islam, contrary to the prevailing perception, Asking questions are welcome. It is up to the person to agree or disagree with what Islam offers as an answer for that person's question.

Sincerity is the key. One has to be sincere and genuine in asking the questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.