Do you regret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
tfw i copped every low-income scholarship i could find and pretty only had to pay about 9k out of pocket so far for my studies. And I only have three semesters left to go :westbrookswag:

And no I don't regret it. You need a degree of some kind to function in this country unless you plan on being a self-made person from scratch. And even then having a degree leaves doors open.

tfw i copped every low-income scholarship i could find and pretty only had to pay about 9k out of pocket so far for my studies. And I only have three semesters left to go :westbrookswag:

And no I don't regret it. You need a degree of some kind to function in this country unless you plan on being a self-made person from scratch. And even then having a degree leaves doors open.

Yeah you played it smart. I know ppl paying off loans 4 years down the road while working in jobs unrelated to what they studied. Majority of ppl I know don't even work in the field they studied :lol:

T1a

Oberbefehlshaber der Somalier Genetik Gruppe
People always act as if taking out loans is necessary. It's not. You can work a summer job and save up money for the tuition fees + have some money left over. If you work 5 months, earn 5K and the government pays 4K, that's the tuition fee covered. Earning 5K in 5 months is a really poor salary by the way, even for a summer job.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Also fucking stay at home for Uni unless you absolutely have to leave. Stay in your community and don't let them siphon an extra 35k off you for living expenses

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I live in Denmark . I don't regret anything.

They pay the citizens to do their degree, so I finished my degree and my finances were in surplus

I paid my tuition as I went and spent near 30k, alhamdulilah I was fortunate. But yall go it good in those part of Europe where they pay for school. Would they pay for a masters degree as well?

I paid my tuition as I went and spent near 30k, alhamdulilah I was fortunate. But yall go it good in those part of Europe where they pay for school. Would they pay for a masters degree as well?

Yes. We get payed all through our education from we turn 18 until we finish uni. Unless you take too long, then they stop paying you, but the education is still free.

Yes. We get payed all through our education from we turn 18 until we finish uni. Unless you take too long, then they stop paying you, but the education is still free.

How's the job market post graduation? Do ppl get good work. Also would the pay for a second degree

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
No, I didn't get loan I paid my tuition fees with the help of my parents and I had part time job throughout of my studies from college to university.

I am about to take choices. I need help. I am scared of making the wrong decision. I have a year left before university but i have to decide soon. I am not sure of what to take in university. First i was thinking of chemical engineering but then i heard of the job market being unstable. So now i am thinking about civil. Also the place where i want to study is also limited due to the restriction by my parents. I feel depressed now.

I am about to take choices. I need help. I am scared of making the wrong decision. I have a year left before university but i have to decide soon. I am not sure of what to take in university. First i was thinking of chemical engineering but then i heard of the job market being unstable. So now i am thinking about civil. Also the place where i want to study is also limited due to the restriction by my parents. I feel depressed now.

Civil is always good sxb. It's arguably the most vast of any engineering program. Chemical is very restricted...where do you live, and how long is the program.

I live in UAE but i have a european citizenship.

انت مواطن؟

Chemical is not bad in the emirates because you can work for national oil companies like ADNOC if you have connects. But Civil in my opinion is the epitome of engineering. Also there's no shortage of work. You can work road and highways, municipal sewers, high rise buildings, designing, transit etc etc. Maybe that's just because I have a bias lol

Status
Not open for further replies.