do you respect somalis that are anti nationalism?

do you respect them?

• Total voters

ibn Yahya Al-Sooli

Anti-Qabiilism & Anti-Nationalism
when i say nationalism i mean somalis all uniting as one and doing whatever possible to better the nation and the livelihood of all somalis, i dont see it negatively affecting the deen
It sounds innocent enough at surface level but if we dig deeper, and ask certain questions, we can see some conflicts with the deen. Does “all somalis” include gaalo? Does “doing whatever possible to better the nation” include haraam things such as engaging in riba, working with countries that are bombing and have invaded other muslim nations, and not implementing certain laws which Allah prescribed because they would go against international human rights leading to some countries boycotting us, etc?

It sounds innocent enough at surface level but if we dig deeper, and ask certain questions, we can see some conflicts with the deen. Does “all somalis” include gaalo? Does “doing whatever possible to better the nation” include haraam things such as engaging in riba, working with countries that are bombing and have invaded other muslim nations, and not implementing certain laws which Allah prescribed because they would go against international human rights leading to some countries boycotting us, etc?
Nationalism is a cancer but for now it's our only tool to survive. The Arabs are nationalistic, the Turks, Malaysians and most Muslims are nationalistic and the "Unity of the ummah" doesn't exist now

CF17A768-26BE-439A-9108-B964F4925AD0.gif

i remember when @BetterDaysAhead posted this

ibn Yahya Al-Sooli

The real definition of nationalism is doing WHATEVER it takes to make your nation state and it’s citizens succeed at all levels even if it’s at the expense of other nations regardless whether they’re fellow Muslims or not. This is an absolutely appalling ideology and completely antithetical to Islam

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
so you're for somalia being strictly ruled by sharia?

ibn Yahya Al-Sooli

Nationalism is a cancer but for now it's our only tool to survive. The Arabs are nationalistic, the Turks, Malaysians and most Muslims are nationalistic and the "Unity of the ummah" doesn't exist now
That’s what someone with weak iman says. Just because everyone else is jumping off a bridge would you jump off too? Stop thinking with half glass empty mentality. Rather think with half glass full, and say Alhamdullilah we are living in unique time post colonialism where Muslims are living without Shari’ah for first time, and Allah has blessed to have the opportunity to be among those that bring it back

That’s what someone with weak iman says. Just because everyone else is jumping off a bridge would you jump off too? Stop thinking with half glass empty mentality. Rather think with half glass full, and say Alhamdullilah we are living in unique time post colonialism where Muslims are living without Shari’ah for first time, and Allah has blessed to have the opportunity to be among those that bring it back
There's nothing wrong with Somalinimo though

ibn Yahya Al-Sooli

There's nothing wrong with Somalinimo though
Define somalinimo. If it’s being proud of the aspects of your culture and heritage that don’t go against Islam than I’m all for it. I’m very proud of my somali heritage and many aspects of the culture Alhamdullilah. However, the moment you start saying it’s superior to other cultures is when things get dangerous

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I respect them way more than those that say they are nationalist but are always engaging in acts of destructive behavior like promoting clan division and becoming an obstacle to progress because of clan politics. At least they are doin them and living their life :)

Trending

Latest posts