Does anyone else find it hard to relate to fobs?

Although we are both Somali in origin and have things in common based off that I feel like we are so different. I’ve started working with a few fobs recently and I just don’t relate with them like I relate with other “say walahi’s”, or I guess the better term is other somalis born in canada lol. Even their humour is different. I definitely see a big cultural difference lol

Anyone else know what I mean? It’s crazy how growing up in different countries have made us so different even though we’re the same ethnicity

Yaraye

VIP
whenever they tell a joke, I just
Scary Smile Wtf GIF

I can't relate to them but the women back home are the most beautiful Somali women I've ever seen in my life wallahi.

I never thought I would ever say that before.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Depends on the fob and what age they came. Typically the more younger they have come, the more they will understand and connect with the diaspora born. Even then I have met with recent fobs who are great folks

I have been surrounded by fobs all my life, neighbours and family so I kinda understand them. The humour is much more harsh. Folks back home are basically the unfiltered versions of us say wallahis, we are diet version.

Nin123

Hunted
VIP
Although we are both Somali in origin and have things in common based off that I feel like we are so different. I’ve started working with a few fobs recently and I just don’t relate with them like I relate with other “say walahi’s”, or I guess the better term is other somalis born in canada lol. Even their humour is different. I definitely see a big cultural difference lol

Anyone else know what I mean? It’s crazy how growing up in different countries have made us so different even though we’re the same ethnicity
What do you mean their humour is different?

there is definitely a cultural difference but I find them to be more easygoing and open - honestly they are fun to talk to

Most countries have an active entertainment industry that bridges the gap between the locals and the diaspora. If you had been tuning into well produced Somali tv-shows, variety shows, talk shows, movies, pop music from a young age there would be a sense of commonality, between you and the recent arrivals, beyond the standard ethnic similarities.

I only see this bridge forming for the next generation i.e the ones we raise.

f*ck the fobs with their retarted behaviour i was 2 weeks ago i was approached by a FOB and i did the famous iam oromo and he left me allone.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

this is going on with every diaspora a Indian friend of mine told me how he can’t stand Indian fobs because they are so backward compared to indians who grew up here