Does she look Somali ?

Yes she passes for Somali. I've seen a good number of Somali girls at weddings etc, that people would swear are not Somali because they don't fit the stereotypical look.

Just imagine her with a scarf. For some reason a hijab and then no hijab is like Clark Kent and his glasses, for Somalis. With scarf-Somali, without scarf-not sure.

Or imagine her in a dirac.

Last edited:
Yes she passes for Somali. I've seen a good number of Somali girls at weddings etc, that people would swear are not Somali because they don't fit the stereotypical look.

Just imagine her with a scarf. For some reason a hijab and then no hijab is like Clark Kent and his glasses, for Somalis. With scarf-Somali, without scarf-not sure.

Yep, she might not have a stereotypical Somali looks but if you were to throw her in any major Somali city wearing baati and gabadsar, no one would give her a second glance. She will blend in seamlessly.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP

Kkkk. I’ve realised south Asians tend to have different kind of big noses. Pakistanis/Indians have pointer noses while Bangladeshis have fat noses.
If the op woman had Horner/slimmer noses She’d definitely pass as an Halimo. No doubt.

The almond looking soft eyes, the shades and hair textures (that ranges: 2c-3a texture). Bangladeshis out of all south Asians can definitely pass as Horners (most defensively Somali). But exception not the rule.