Does Somalia Need A Powerful Sugar-Daddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, i'm not denying that Russia depends on oil , however just as you said the EU suffers as well as Russia , but thats not the point i'm making , i said Assad refused the pipeline to go through syria and finally into turkey (which may have something to do with Russia's influence) i'm not denying Russia's influence however i'm making point of how Russia has stuck out with Syria despite its hopeless situation , the pipeline being built is not only against the interest of Russia but also Europe and America, especially europe who depends on this oil. Europe is aware that building a pipeline is the least of syria's worry at this point the country is in turmoil anyone who even tries will have to protect themselves against , hezbolah , jabbar atul nusrah , isis and rebel groups as well as Russia and the free Syrian army (in which case good luck ! lol)

Also what the saudi did of blocking shia muslim from completing their hajj and the fifth piller is totally haram they can't play god , perhaps you mean their trying to gian back RIGHTS to enter mecca and complete the hajj any claim that iran wants to invade saudi arabia a country twice its size of military power with the wests backing is kind of delusional , also the arab nations you mentioned also have ties with saudi arabia so????

Saudi may have a huge military spending but as can be seen in Yemen, they're struggling to take full control of it. The arab nations I mentioned Iraq ( shia gov't), Syria (Shia gov't) supports Iran , Yemen (Shia Houthi rebels and gov't) close to Iran, Bahrain (Sunni gov't but with Shia majority) supports Saudi but its shia public are being supported by Iran. The stampede that caused many to die in hajj was the shia crowd that was moving opposite to the others moving but you'll dismiss this as propaganda. They cause to many problems in hajj, you can do your research.
Also what the saudi did of blocking shia muslim from completing their hajj and the fifth piller is totally haram they can't play god , perhaps you mean their trying to gian back RIGHTS to enter mecca and complete the hajj any claim that iran wants to invade saudi arabia a country twice its size of military power with the wests backing is kind of delusional , also the arab nations you mentioned also have ties with saudi arabia so????
:bell:
the pipeline being built is not only against the interest of Russia but also Europe and America, especially europe who depends on this oil.
The pipeline is for the interest of Europe and US since they'll be able to stop buying oil from Russia. I understand the country is in turmoil now but we're talking about long term goals eg. a decade from now when things get better. The gulf could even work with those groups you mentioned to build it if Assad were to fall, Russia is just securing its future.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I disagree Russia will do anything to piss off America and show them that they too are just as powerful , It won't take long to get Russia on our side to be honest i mean the russians are known to be discreet (they maintained secret meetings with Trump on American soil LOL!) it can take awhile to regain their trust but imo its well worth it , they are reliable unlike the west. China is expanding into Africa and its not being a secretive about it either, form building railways to mining ... (We had chinese neighbours in hargeisa!) ,

To conclude if the west was as mighty as they seem why didn't they stop china from its lucrative expansion in Africa and Russia's annexing of Crimea these nations along with Iran stand strong against the west without changing their political views , as soon as we rely heavily on the west they willl expect us to change our views to be more liberal and accepting of all their moral encompasses which will prove to be difficult as a Muslim nation there will be certain disagreements. Russia and China remain largely conservative and so are we, we share a similarity in that sense and honestly it makes senses i don't want us to be puppets and to appease to a 'dozen multinationals' i want us to have an alliance with a reliable, strong , loyal nations like the 3 i mentioned the west will ditch us when they see fit , (look to Libya and Iraq) as soon you refuse them something they will shit on you and still make you look like the bad guy, i mean must i go on. :abuxyga:

We aren't as conservative as you think (look back to when the country was stable) and neither are Russia and China. Russia is weak and probably won't last another decade under a sovereign leadership. The west hasn't acted out against China because the benefits don't outweigh the costs of having a large section of the world against you. Sure China can't beat them in a straight out war but they could easily obstruct them in small ways in Asia, the security council and trade.

The west is the only practical option on the table and some sacrifices are required if we want to rebuild the nation after pissing off so many countries in the last century. Most of Africa doesn't want to see us back as we dominated inter-Africa issues in the 60's and 70's and probably will demand a larger role once we have a stable country.

Who else but the West can afford to ignore all those African dictators and allow us to rebuild to a stage where we would be an existential risk to Ethiopia and the status quo of the region?

cgg57k3u8aigkp4.jpg

Genie

The last suugo bender
Saudi may have a huge military spending but as can be seen in Yemen, they're struggling to take full control of it. The arab nations I mentioned Iraq ( shia gov't), Syria (Shia gov't) supports Iran , Yemen (Shia Houthi rebels and gov't) close to Iran, Bahrain (Sunni gov't but with Shia majority) supports Saudi but its shia public are being supported by Iran. The stampede that caused many to die in hajj was the shia crowd that was moving opposite to the others moving but you'll dismiss this as propaganda. They cause to many problems in hajj, you can do your research.

Never heard of that one before. I'll look into it.
:bell:

The pipeline is for the interest of Europe and US since they'll be able to stop buying oil from Russia. I understand the country is in turmoil now but we're talking about long term goals eg. a decade from now when things get better. The gulf could even work with those groups you mentioned to build it if Assad were to fall, Russia is just securing its future.

No , the pipeline is for the arabs its literally known was the Arab gas pipeline and Qatar along with turkey were building another one.

Have a look at this extract form wikipedia with sources.

Qatar-Turkey pipeline
was a proposal to build a natural gas pipeline from the Iranian–Qatari South Pars / North Dome Gas-Condensate fieldtowards Turkey, where it could connect with the Nabucco pipeline to supply European customers as well as Turkey. One route to Turkey was via Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Syria,[1][2] and another was through Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq.[3][4] Syria's rationale for rejecting the Qatar proposal was said to be "to protect the interests of [its] Russian ally, which is Europe's top supplier of natural gas."[1].

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar–Turkey_pipeline

this extract refutes that is for the europeans and the US.

_87474682_sunni.png

as you can see this image suggests that sunni islam is the majority sect in the middle east and despite the government as soon as the people revolt it will only cause turmoil and get in the way of any 'shia' related invasion or coup or whatever you believe Iran is planning.

I do however see where you are coming from , but in my opinion i would much rather have alliance with nations that will let us be Somali without forcing us to change our believes because it doesn't align with theirs. Also pre turmoil Somalia was conservative the photo's we see don't scratch the surface of the true state of our society back then , doesn't mean we weren't conservative but deffo not liberal. All in all its my opinions and i can see yours , you clearly think the alliance i have mentioned have way to many cons and i belief the alliances you have mentioned have way to many cons . Just a matter of opinions i guess.

No , the pipeline is for the arabs its literally known was the Arab gas pipeline and Qatar along with turkey were building another one.

Have a look at this extract form wikipedia with sources.

Qatar-Turkey pipeline
was a proposal to build a natural gas pipeline from the Iranian–Qatari South Pars / North Dome Gas-Condensate fieldtowards Turkey, where it could connect with the Nabucco pipeline to supply European customers as well as Turkey. One route to Turkey was via Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Syria,[1][2] and another was through Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq.[3][4] Syria's rationale for rejecting the Qatar proposal was said to be "to protect the interests of [its] Russian ally, which is Europe's top supplier of natural gas."[1].

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar–Turkey_pipeline

this extract refutes that is for the europeans and the US.

_87474682_sunni.png

as you can see this image suggests that sunni islam is the majority sect in the middle east and despite the government as soon as the people revolt it will only cause turmoil and get in the way of any 'shia' related invasion or coup or whatever you believe Iran is planning.

I do however see where you are coming from , but in my opinion i would much rather have alliance with nations that will let us be Somali without forcing us to change our believes because it doesn't align with theirs. Also pre turmoil Somalia was conservative the photo's we see don't scratch the surface of the true state of our society back then , doesn't mean we weren't conservative but deffo not liberal. All in all its my opinions and i can see yours , you clearly think the alliance i have mentioned have way to many cons and i belief the alliances you have mentioned have way to many cons . Just a matter of opinions i guess.
Yea let's end this argument. I agreed with your opinion but your Option A minus Iran will work once Somalia is more established and secure was my main argument. But for now we should use the West to avoid further turmoil in our fragile state if we don't work with them.

Genie

The last suugo bender
Yea let's end this argument. I agreed with your opinion but your Option A minus Iran will work once Somalia is more established and secure was my main argument. But for now we should use the West to avoid further turmoil in our fragile state if we don't work with them.

Debate is a better term :icon e biggrin:.

And yea that might just work anything for somalia's peace and longevity inshallah its in our lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts