Double-income household Vs One-income household

Most of the time, when Somali families experience rafaad in their household, it is because they follow traditional roles, with the man providing. However, if the man doesn't make good money, life is a struggle. Nowadays, even in the West, you won’t be able to get a mortgage, pay your bills, go on trips every year, and put money aside towards your index funds. A life with dignity is when both parents work, like in Asian or White families. Assuming both genders are part of the middle class, you could get a house, pay your bills, put your kids into after-school tutoring or hobbies like soccer or basketball, and have money aside for your savings account or index funds that will average you 4-5% growth yearly. It's about time that Somali people think with their heads, rather than live unhappy lives financially. Traditional marriages work well financially when you can pull in $100k/£100k/€100k yearly, not when you’re part of the middle class.

onEdge

Recovering from humiliation kink.
That's why I urge Somali men to look for a remote job and move to a cheaper hopefully Muslim country?

That's why I urge Somali men to look for a remote job and move to a cheaper hopefully Muslim country?
Personally, I don't know about other Somali dudes, but many people enjoy the quality of life in Western countries. You would have to narrow all Muslim countries down to the Gulf, Southeast Asia, and Turkey. Turks have an awful economic situation with high inflation, I wouldn't like living in the Gulf with the scorching hot temperature, nor learning Malay. So, my choice is to stay.

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP
Given the economic state of the world and the rising prices of everything, it would be very hard to survive if the man is making an average salary and the woman is a stay-at-home mom. A stay-at-home mom and an average-income husband is the perfect formula for a low-quality life. It would only make sense to have a housewife if you are making above-average money. If you want to give your kids a comfortable life, both parents would have to work if the husband's income is average.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
Most of the time, when Somali families experience rafaad in their household, it is because they follow traditional roles, with the man providing. However, if the man doesn't make good money, life is a struggle. Nowadays, even in the West, you won’t be able to get a mortgage, pay your bills, go on trips every year, and put money aside towards your index funds. A life with dignity is when both parents work, like in Asian or White families. Assuming both genders are part of the middle class, you could get a house, pay your bills, put your kids into after-school tutoring or hobbies like soccer or basketball, and have money aside for your savings account or index funds that will average you 4-5% growth yearly. It's about time that Somali people think with their heads, rather than live unhappy lives financially. Traditional marriages work well financially when you can pull in $100k/£100k/€100k yearly, not when you’re part of the middle class.

"It's about time that Somali people think with their heads,"

Most of the Somali guys I know irl share this mindset. Being a provider is very difficult these days unless your rich.

I remember seeing people talk about this issue a few years ago and a lot of dudes use to encourage women to skip college and start looking for a husband early. @Angelina mentioned this before. These broke ass niggas were afraid of getting married to a chick that could become financially independent. You can tell that most of the dudes crying about this were broke and financially couldn't provide here in the west.

I would only ever consider becoming a provider if I earned over 200k in the states or if I worked in a different country as a remote worker/business owners earning USD.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP

Also getting a remote job Is easier said than done. Most of the good paying ones require certs, a degree, and some experience. Plus those job opportunities are extremely competitive to get these days.

Bari

Garabsare
If Somalis want to be on par with others ethnicities in the west they have to adapt. There’s 3 options, make it big in the west where your wife can stay at home, get a remote job/live in a cheaper country or both parties work and help each other out as a unit.

Idk man, I make 80-100k which is pretty good for an individual. My wife doesn’t work but she finished dental school in kenya. Unless you cant live a real normal life and need to always keep up to date with everything then yeah you gonna need two income. I know plenty of people whose house hold income is around $60k and they don’t stress about shit.

The statistics you are reading about are about household income not individual income. I hate when people compare normal household to those people. We all know those asians all live together in one house even when married. Plus we are muslim and have our own way of living. Be a man and provide and marry in your means, not cause she hot.

You want a two income household, as a man? Get two jobs.

More women would be willing to bring an income into the household, if their husbands were active with parenting and household chores. But a lot of women, have realised that their husbands are not interested in parenting and household chores, so the best thing, is for the man to get two jobs.

You want a two income household, as a man? Get two jobs.

More women would be willing to bring an income into the household, if their husbands were active with parenting and household chores. But a lot of women, have realised that their husbands are not interested in parenting and household chores, so the best thing, is for the man to get two jobs.
Im good, go tell that to others. I personally like Egalitarian marriages more than traditional ones. But i digress

Men need to start helping out within the home if they can’t provide.

So many women I work with have useless husbands that can’t fulfill their masculine duty of providing and at the same time barely do anything at home with housework and parenting. Those women are so exhausted and you can tell. They work two fulltime jobs, one outside and one at home.

HuunoHunter

Old Head 👴🏿
I thought 100k salary was middle class 💀

I am already on my way out off the middle class status it seems by your standards 😁👍🏿

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Men need to get their money up, you can provide a good life if you are smart enough. Working a good trade in the west is enough to set your family to a good life.