Eedo's of Somali Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
I decided to study chemistry because i loved it in college but when you think about the future prospects its not looking promising.
its not about the money at all but the job market is crazy these days so you need to take that into consideration.
for me, i will most likely do masters, but instead of looking for jobs in chemistry i might do what most chemists do and look into accounting.
i can't say much about other stem subjects but chemistry is definitely not a degree i would encourage someone to pursue. this isnt just my opinion either, most chemists who don't have PhDs arent even considered for most jobs in pharmaceutical companies.
You know..
At first I was really puzzled that a chemist would be jobless, but I know almost six chemists who work in major pharmaceutical industries.

And then I remembered you're from the UK.

My bad :drakekidding:

I know y'all got it tough over there.:damn:

You know..
At first I was really puzzled that a chemist would be jobless, but I know almost six chemists who work in major pharmaceutical industries.

And then I remembered you're from the UK.

My bad :drakekidding:

I know y'all got it tough over there.:damn:
seriously do you think I'll be better off in the US. i would love to work in a pharmaceutical company but i need a PhD over here.
what's the minimum requirement over there.
seriously man, shit is hard out here.
working for McDonalds requires experience and online testing.:mjcry:

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
seriously do you think I'll be better off in the US. i would love to work in a pharmaceutical company but i need a PhD over here.
what's the minimum requirement over there.
seriously man, shit is hard out here.
working for McDonalds requires experience and online testing.
Wait... What?
You need experience to work at McDonald's in the UK?

:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh:

Wait... What?
You need experience to work at McDonald's in the UK?

:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh:
walaahay, i couldn't get a summer job cos apparently i needed experience in the hospitality industry loool
i had to lie about doing charity fundraising to get hired by a children's charity.

degrees don't mean shit anymore, you need at least a year experience for entry level jobs.
that's why am gonna do a graduate scheme in Accounting, you basically do the actual job while studying for the Qualification, so you'll have experience in the end.

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
walaahay, i couldn't get a summer job cos apparently i needed experience in the hospitality industry loool
i had to lie about doing charity fundraising to get hired by a children's charity.

degrees don't mean shit anymore, you need at least a year experience for entry level jobs.
that's why am gonna do a graduate scheme in Accounting, you basically do the actual job while studying for the Qualification, so you'll have experience in the end.
Ayy..
There is one solution I think you'll like very much.

VixR

Veritas
@sahersi A British guy works in our dept. He was out here as a student, kept extending his visa as many times as possible whilst working here after he got his degree. He was nearing the end of his time here, but now he's marrying a divorced new coworker this month only three months after dating (and her working here). They hit it off from the start, and they're both awesome ppl, but it's definitely being rushed for sponsorship reasons. He's white. That's how I know Brexitstan is something else, even the natives don't wanna go back :mjlol:

I decided to study chemistry because i loved it in college but when you think about the future prospects its not looking promising.
its not about the money at all but the job market is crazy these days so you need to take that into consideration.
for me, i will most likely do masters, but instead of looking for jobs in chemistry i might do what most chemists do and look into accounting.
i can't say much about other stem subjects but chemistry is definitely not a degree i would encourage someone to pursue. this isnt just my opinion either, most chemists who don't have PhDs arent even considered for most jobs in pharmaceutical companies.
I have an idea with what you can do with your Chemistry degree. People tell me that it's a very satisfying career. :denzelnigga:

12-like.gif

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
From my experience I would actually advise anyone who is applying to higher education to do further research before they even apply universities. It doesn't matter whether they enjoyed the subject whilst doing their GCSEs and A levels.

Tell your sister to have a look at the career prospects and ask herself what can she do with this degree? Also it doesn't hurt to do work experiences and volunteering other than widening your choices before applying universities

I wish I did all the things that I have mentioned:O27GWRK:

@sahersi A British guy works in our dept. He was out here as a student, kept extending his visa as many times as possible whilst working here after he got his degree. He was nearing the end of his time here, but now he's marrying a divorced new coworker this month only three months after dating (and her working here). They hit it off from the start, and they're both awesome ppl, but it's definitely being rushed for sponsorship reasons. He's white. That's how I know Brexitstan is something else, even the natives don't wanna go back :mjlol:
:damn:

the future looks bleak sis.
i thought working hard was enough bu am as naive anymore.. i need to find me a farah to sponsor me. i dont have any family in the US or canada.:francis:

VixR

Veritas
:damn:

the future looks bleak sis.
i thought working hard was enough bu am as naive anymore.. i need to find me a farah to sponsor me. i dont have any family in the US or canada.:francis:
Come to the US, neverminding we've been known to crash the Canadian immigration website :damn:

Status
Not open for further replies.