Egyptian state media release reruns of حاحا وتفاحة a racist comedy movie mocking Somalis in Mogadishu

World

VIP
What a naive conclusion, maybe read up a bit more on the countries current situation, and how it came to be. Or don’t, your ignorance isn’t going to hinder anyone’s cognitive development but your own. I on the other hand like a lot of other users on here find your unconsciousness quite amusing, but that’s not your fault. One’s cognitive cultivation is often nurtured by their environment, so I understand your current predicament. But carry on with the nonsensical blame game, it’s obviously working out great for you lol.
You are letting your bias get in your way
Because you are “anti qabilist - somali patriot” you can’t accept the cold truth that south of somalia is the root of all our problems, they are the ones that chimped out after the overthrow of siad barre and started the tribal wars instead of putting guns down and forming a government. They had the capital and destroyed it. Then they became clan warlords, then became terrorists, then became cucks for foreign armies.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Wouldn't happen if somali leaders had their shit together. Almost 2025 and we're still dealing with fucking Al shabaab and clan violence.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
But Saar we’re Arabs Saar. Look at us Saar. We speak Arabic too Saar. Why are you mocking us Saar. This is self hate Saar.

Somalis should stop licking arabs bum hole and show some self respect. Arabs have history in shitting on each other. What makes you think a country that’s doesn’t even remotely speak Arabic would gain any respect from these Arabs. Surly they’re nice Egyptian out there but I ironically believe Egypt wouldn’t shit on Israel or any developing countries but instead have the courage shit on black countries and Arabs.

Come on Somalia.

Brilliant rebuttal,

Don’t forget piracy,
Never ending civil war
Famines,
Corruption,
FGM,
Clan wars,
High rate of domestic violence,
Discriminatory cast system,
Tribal federal “democracy”
Useless federal and state governments.

I could go on and on. That is what Somalia is known for, at least be consistent with your criticism. Trying to score irrelevant political points in this regard only makes you seem duplicitous.

There is not really any major prolonged conflict in the Northern and Eastern parts of the country, which has been stable for decades.

Piracy has been pretty much almost none existent after 2017 except for a few rare occurrences, it shows you how Somali regional maritime forces have effectively dealt with it. 'Now it's mostly Yemenis, Iranians that are pirates in open in the red sea and indian oceans . Search up Iranian piracy networks

There is more piracy in so many other places than Somalia, its so happens that when Somalis engaged in it during the short flare up between 2012-2015, it began as defensive in nature and turned lucrative.

Famines are most problematic in the south of the country, due to obvious reasons.

Clan federalism that creates corruption is something devised from outside of Somalia. It's not a governmental structure cooked up by Somalis independently. Most Somalis in Somalia are against it many have seen in the study by Somali organizations and before the invasion by US backed ethiopians to the south, a democratic system of Islamic governance promoting equality and justice was sweeping through the country in the form Islamic Courts Union.

And you can also just see that corruption is not a tendency of Somalis by looking at the private sector which has assumed the position of rebuilding the country and delivering services. And corruption per reports is not wide spread in the private sector

Somalia Vision for Private Sector Development Report

Corruption is widespread in the government system and not in the private sector.

It is very significant to point this out because 95% of all jobs are in the private sector and if corruption/nepotrism is not widespread there it tells you that it's not a Somali tendency.

It is funny because it reminds me of what Abdi Samatar said. Someone asked him ''Why are Somalis so succesfful in businesss but so poor and impoverished in politics''. We are not really bad at politics if you think about how it's externally imposed and we have folks who betray their people.

And how are you mentioning FGM when Egypt has a higher rate than Somalis are literally the originators of that female circumcision practice that spread to its neighbors and its high in Ethiopia, Sudan , Some Arab countries. And it's a practice enforced by Somali women, men are actually against it which studies have shown and before the civil war there was an active successful re-education campaign administrated by Somali women themselves and it was set back by the collapse. When things stabilize hopefully we will pick it up and we are going to promote womens rights and protection like we did before, we just need to be in more control and progressive.

Also to me it's more apparent that yall are using Egyptians who are virtually racist to every Black African in their TV/Media depictions to air out your own deeply held grudges and personal prejudices of Somalis. Yall spend hours collecting ''These people said bad stuff about Somalis come look'' everyday lool. Take a breather.

It's is never going to matter to us what other people believe of us and we have been through many worse situations throughout our history and emerged out of it, this is no different. We don't seek the approval of others, we need to just study and correct ourselves internally. Just like others have done.

Last edited:

Sup

Anti Qabilist - Somali Patriot
You are letting your bias get in your way
Because you are “anti qabilist - somali patriot” you can’t accept the cold truth that south of somalia is the root of all our problems, they are the ones that chimped out after the overthrow of siad barre and started the tribal wars instead of putting guns down and forming a government. They had the capital and destroyed it. Then they became clan warlords, then became terrorists, then became cucks for foreign armies.
It’s like talking to a brick wall, pretty sure we’ve had a similar discussion before. I find it hilarious that out of everyone, you are calling me biased 💀 well isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black 😂

Unlike you I analyse my information without any bias and with plenty of evidence (wishing nothing but prosperity and peace for my people doesn’t make me biased, work on your comprehension skills there lad), using a bit of common sense doesn’t help either. The thing with you and with a lot of Somalis which share your ideology , is you often apply your very own theoretical perspective to your arguments, which is often mix with truth and lies - fallacious.

Any sane individual would blame our current predicament on Said Barre, from the moment he seized power in the south, which has always been the seat of power, the physical fracture of the nation was taken place. For decades the man had sowed the seed of tribalism and violence on the people, often destroying anyone that spoke out against him. Committing a genocide against the Isaaq people, raising their cities to the ground, and other clans in southern Somalia,
bankrupting the nation,
Getting involved in a war that was the foundation for the collapse of the Somali republic,
Was a frequent human rights violator, often torturing and killing innocent people in masses, I’m sure you’ve heard the stories you wish to disregard. Not to mention the outside forces creating anarchy within the country, for their own political benefit. A perfect example would be what is happening to Sudan today, Somalia much like Sudan was / is the battle ground for proxy forces to protect their interests. Yet with all these scenarios taken place, you choose to focus on your own perspective as to why this happened . You should read more, it does wonders.

There’s no solution to anything

There is a solution . Abdi Ismail Samatar explained it well , take a listen to it. And its much better than derision yall are peddling across this thread.

Prof. Abdi Ismail Samater highlights the unprecedented challenges facing the Somali people, describing the collapse of the state and the disintegration of the nation as a situation not seen in the past 500 years. He notes that external forces are working to ensure Somalia never recovers. Samater identifies the erosion of a common identity, particularly among the youth who are no longer taught their history, as a critical issue. He emphasizes that Islam, a faith shared by most Somalis, should serve as the foundation for rebuilding a cohesive civic identity.
Prof. Samater proposes that religious leaders and cultural figures should be distanced from politics to focus solely on addressing collective societal issues and fostering national unity. He points out the stark contrast between Somalis' success in business and their failures in politics. To address this, he advocates for the establishment of a fund to support individuals who would travel across the country, promoting the values of unity and civic reconstruction, free from government influence

Sup

Anti Qabilist - Somali Patriot
There is not really any major prolonged conflict in the Northern and Eastern parts of the country, which has been stable for decades.

Piracy has been pretty much almost none existent after 2017 except for a few rare occurrences, it shows you how Somali regional maritime forces have effectively dealt with it. 'Now it's mostly Yemenis, Iranians that are pirates in open in the red sea and indian oceans . Search up Iranian piracy networks

There is more piracy in so many other places than Somalia, its so happens that when Somalis engaged in it during the short flare up between 2012-2015, it began as defensive in nature and turned lucrative.

Famines are most problematic in the south of the country, due to obvious reasons.

Clan federalism that creates corruption is something devised from outside of Somalia. It's not a governmental structure cooked up by Somalis independently. Most Somalis in Somalia are against it many have seen in the study by Somali organizations and before the invasion by US backed ethiopians to the south, a democratic system of Islamic governance promoting equality and justice was sweeping through the country in the form Islamic Courts Union.

And you can also just see that corruption is not a tendency of Somalis by looking at the private sector which has assumed the position of rebuilding the country and delivering services. And corruption per reports is not wide spread in the private sector

Somalia Vision for Private Sector Development Report

It is very significant to point this out because 95% of all jobs are in the private sector and if corruption/nepotrism is not widespread there it tells you that it's not a Somali tendency.

It is funny because it reminds me of what Abdi Samatar said. Someone asked him ''Why are Somalis so succesfful in businesss but so poor and impoverished in politics''. We are not really bad at politics if you think about how it's externally imposed and we have folks who betray their people.

And how are you mentioning FGM when Egypt has a higher rate than Somalis are literally the originators of that female circumcision practice that spread to its neighbors and its high in Ethiopia, Sudan , Some Arab countries. And it's a practice enforced by Somali women, men are actually against it which studies have shown and before the civil war there was an active successful re-education campaign administrated by Somali women themselves and it was set back by the collapse. When things stabilize hopefully we will pick it up and we are going to promote womens rights and protection like we did before, we just need to be in more control and progressive.

Also to me it's more apparent that yall are using Egyptians who are virtually racist to every Black African in their TV/Media depictions to air out your own deeply held grudges and personal prejudices of Somalis. Yall spend hours collecting ''These people said bad stuff about Somalis come look'' everyday lool. Take a breather.

It's is never going to matter to us what other people believe of us and we have been through many worse situations throughout our history and emerged out of it, this is no different. We don't seek the approval of others, we need to just study and correct ourselves internally. Just like others have done.
Somali piracy was ended by the EU /US coalition, along with help from Asian and South American naval forces. Not downplaying the role of the Somali regional maritime forces, but they wouldn’t have been able to stop it without the IC. Somali piracy is on the rises again in 2024.

Famines are a major issue throughout the country not just the south, although the war does exacerbate things. It’s also a major issue for East Africa as a whole, not sure why you’re down playing that.

Not sure how you’ve made the link between governmental corruption and the ICU and their “reforms”. I don’t believe corruption is an outside factor at all, greed and power is human traits and this issue is present in every country. Or maybe I’ve misunderstood this part, feel free to clarify.

The private sector in Somalia is growing and doing well mashAllah, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t corruption in play. In the UK the private sector is rampant with corruption, yet the wheel keeps moving.

Not sure why your bringing up Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia etc, I was talking about Somalia not these countries. InshaAllah the re-education courses you mentioned are brought back.

Regarding your last statement, I’m assuming you’re talking to others ? Because I haven’t mentioned anything about wanting Egypt’s acceptance nor do I care about their opinion.

Last edited:
Somali piracy was ended by the EU /US coalition, along with help from Asian and South American naval forces. Not downplaying the role of the Somali regional maritime forces, but they wouldn’t have been able to stop it without the IC. Somali piracy is on the rises again in 2024.

That's not true, i have gone over it in another thread that it declined due to Puntland maritime police dismantling the piracy networks and it's also decreased because they have been able to crack down on illegal foreign fishermen and number of other steps which the government has taken which i cover here: https://www.somalispot.com/threads/somalia-fishing.146967/page-4#post-4092668

Also it wasn't on a rise again, there was a short resurface of pirate activity with indian hijack recently exploiting gaps in security when much of the security forces deviated to the red sea to guard their coast against Houthis. So the regional maritime police was working overtime defending the red sea coast, when that happened.

I also have to remind you that Piracy is not the default position of Somalis at all, because despite the fact we owned many ships and boats and were maritime driven culture throughout our history. Piracy in our waters throughout history was extremely rare and was more widespread and common in other parts of the world.

Piracy in the Horn of Africa Waters: Definitions, History, and Modern Causes

Throughout history, ocean piracy was common in different parts of the world, but it was rare in the Horn of Africa waters.

Read that study , it's pretty good. It also refutes false attempts of modern writers trying to project something caused by a modern causes back into history by exploiting improper definitions.

It also makes sense for it to be rare, it doesn't attract trade to our waters to be pirates at all and that's why you see the Abaan system emerge to offer protection to those who visit our waters and treat them with the out most care and hospitality.

Famines are a major issue throughout the country not just the south, although the war does exacerbate things. It’s also a major issue for East Africa as a whole, not sure why you’re down playing that.

Not sure how you’ve made the link between governmental corruption and the ICU and their “reforms”. I don’t believe corruption is an outside factor at all, greed and power is human traits and this issue is present in every country. Or maybe I’ve misunderstood this part, feel free to clarify.

The private sector in Somalia is growing and doing well mashAllah, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t corruption in play. In the UK the private sector is rampant with corruption, yet the wheel keeps moving.

Not sure why your bringing up Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia etc, I was talking about Somalia not these countries. InshaAllah the re-education courses you mentioned are brought back.

Regarding your last statement, I’m assuming you’re talking to others ? Because I haven’t mentioned anything about wanting Egypt’s acceptance nor do I care about their opinion.

Drought is a re-occuring issue throughout the country, not famine.

I made link between government corruption and the external imposed federal clan state model that was divised by Ethiopia and Kenya & IC and forced on Somalis, whose people never authorized it and are against it. It's similar to how they uniliteraly enter agreements that we are not even consulted in or even debated on.

After the former central government collapsed in Mogadishu it was replaced by Islamic Courts unions and they were bringing fairness equality , justice and united people of all clans, and was embraced by the people. So that and the low corruption in the private sector which has been allowed to operate more freely should show you the natural tendencies and leanings of Somalis un-interfered with.

I brought up Egyptians because the thread comments is trying to justify and give merit to Egyptian racist depicitions of Somalis and Africans. And i also brought up other countries in the region because you are trying to single out and specify Somalis and its ironic because when Somalia was stable and functional we were actively trying to eradicate it unlike those other countries who mostly just let it happen.

You have Egyptian law makers saying this:

Last edited:

World

VIP
It’s like talking to a brick wall, pretty sure we’ve had a similar discussion before. I find it hilarious that out of everyone, you are calling me biased 💀 well isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black 😂

Unlike you I analyse my information without any bias and with plenty of evidence (wishing nothing but prosperity and peace for my people doesn’t make me biased, work on your comprehension skills there lad), using a bit of common sense doesn’t help either. The thing with you and with a lot of Somalis which share your ideology , is you often apply your very own theoretical perspective to your arguments, which is often mix with truth and lies - fallacious.

Any sane individual would blame our current predicament on Said Barre, from the moment he seized power in the south, which has always been the seat of power, the physical fracture of the nation was taken place. For decades the man had sowed the seed of tribalism and violence on the people, often destroying anyone that spoke out against him. Committing a genocide against the Isaaq people, raising their cities to the ground, and other clans in southern Somalia,
bankrupting the nation,
Getting involved in a war that was the foundation for the collapse of the Somali republic,
Was a frequent human rights violator, often torturing and killing innocent people in masses, I’m sure you’ve heard the stories you wish to disregard. Not to mention the outside forces creating anarchy within the country, for their own political benefit. A perfect example would be what is happening to Sudan today, Somalia much like Sudan was / is the battle ground for proxy forces to protect their interests. Yet with all these scenarios taken place, you choose to focus on your own perspective as to why this happened . You should read more, it does wonders.
Since independence, Somalia has been a shithole in anarchy for 53 % of the time. Soon Somalia will have been a shithole for twice as long as Siad Barre reigned.

How comes there’s no other third world country in the world blaming a dictator that ruled for merely 20 years for all of their current problems 30+ years after kicking him out ? It’s only Somalia, but because you have a bias you don’t want to accept the truth.

Siad Barre didn’t do much as a dictator, hes responsible for perhaps 10,000 deaths according to CIA estimates. You do know that in China, the communist dictator Mao killed 40-50 million people? Somalis just love crying for no reason, and don’t take responsibility. More people were killed a year after Siad Barre left, than during his entire reign.

Since independence, Somalia has been a shithole in anarchy for 53 % of the time. Soon Somalia will have been a shithole for twice as long as Siad Barre reigned.

How comes there’s no other third world country in the world blaming a dictator that ruled for merely 20 years for all of their current problems 30+ years after kicking him out ? It’s only Somalia, but because you have a bias you don’t want to accept the truth.

Siad Barre didn’t do much as a dictator, hes responsible for perhaps 10,000 deaths according to CIA estimates. You do know that in China, the communist dictator Mao killed 40-50 million people? Somalis just love crying for no reason, and don’t take responsibility. More people were killed a year after Siad Barre left, than during his entire reign.

When they blame Siad Barre they provide cover for criminals, injustices and traitors instead of standing up against them. ICU stood up against them, punished them and they began to see ICU as a threat because of it and started calling upon outsiders.

Literally never thought it was a civil war from the start but a proxy war with foreign backed entities and political actors, the way Abdi Ismail Samatar described bent held on destabilizing Somalia.

World

VIP
No it wasn't wtf. Things only started getting bad after 1977 when armed groups started clashing with the government and hit critical in 1991
Somali independence = 64 years ago

1991-2024 = 34 years = 53 % of time since independence.

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
Somali independence = 64 years ago

1991-2024 = 34 years = 53 % of time since independence.
Niggas too horrified to admit the obvious wallahi. Our parents & grandparents generation were complete cawaans

EritreanPost_

EritreanPost 🇪🇷🇩🇯🇸🇴🇸🇩🇪🇬 |Eritrean news blogger
Anti black racism exist in Egypt and most Arab countries.

so it’s important to call out this news media.

Somalia should still keep the strong security relationship with Egypt.

Trending

Latest posts