Eritrean strongman Afewerki says "Somalia no longer exists, it has disappeared from the African map"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubble

VIP
how did you know? Hiiraan can be authentic no?

They're not authentic, they publish whatever someone writes without fact checking. The interview they're 'quoting' from is a video which was dubbed over in Somali by a random person, I've been searching for the original for weeks so that I could verify it but it turns out it's a very old video.

King-of-GODEEY

♛♛ SSpot overlord ♛♛
They're not authentic, they publish whatever someone writes without fact checking. The interview they're 'quoting' from is a video which was dubbed over in Somali by a random person, I've been searching for the original for weeks so that I could verify it but it turns out it's a very old video.

and To think I used this site for Somali news thinking it was authentic

Hubble

VIP
and To think I used this site for Somali news thinking it was authentic

It either republishes articles written for other newspapers or it publishes whatever original article it gets without fact checking. VOA Somali, BBC Somali, Dalsan, SNTV and others are far better for Somali news.

Last edited:

King-of-GODEEY

♛♛ SSpot overlord ♛♛
It's arguably the best of the independent Somali sites but they often print hearsay as news. Sadly foreign owned sites like VOA and BBC are the best source for Somali news.

Are there no Somalis with professional Journalist degrees? why are we very lacking in this department? Kenya, Zambia, Ethiopia and almost every third world African country have tons of Independant and very professional news sites and news channels. What the hell is wrong with Somalis

Hubble

VIP
I edited my comment walaal, can you edit your reply?

BBC Somali and VOA Somali is run by professional Somali journalists.

Abukar Arman is great journal

Abukar Arman–
@4DialogSK

ForeignPolicy I HornfAfrica I MiddleEast I Geopolitics I Faith ++ http://foreignpolicyblogs.com/author/abukararman/ … [We can detoxify history by diligently scrutinizing hate narratives]

USA
·aljazeera.com/indepth/opinio…

upload_2016-5-15_14-48-15.gif

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Will post a pic of my authentic Somaliland flag I bought from Hargeisa and piss off my fellow Daroods

Somaliland's army consists of free men who chose to be soldiers and defend their nation

When did you buy the flag? Recently?
I wish I was back home to celebrate, Last year was amazing!

You really celebrate independence, that's for dumaar. I've never celebrated or even considered celebrating the Somali Independence.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
You really celebrate independence, that's for dumaar. I've never celebrated or even considered celebrating the Somali Independence.

Shut yo ass up nigga! Independence day is for everyone, yes because 1st og july happens to be on Ramadan
:mjlol:

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf

I went there like 6 months ago, stayed for a month. Hargeisa is going to be even nicer city in the future. There are construction work everywhere, and the diaspora opens new awesome stores. I saw this electronic shop that literally look like something you would find in a Western country.

Maaaan there are flags and ''18th may'' written everywhere in Somaliland. Hargeisa, Berbera, Burco etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.