Establishing a proper mental health rehabilitation centre in Somalia

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
Whats the market like for a mental health rehab centre in Mogadishu? I'm thinking of utilising the best doctors in the field from around the world and using cutting edge treatments like psychadelics such as Psilocybin, LSD, and MDMA. All either grown or synthesised in labs in Somalia. Some of the aforementioned compounds can even be used for kids that are brought into Somalia for dhaqan celis to help them quit their drug addictions and bring them back into a stable homeostatic condition. My younger brother got shipped off to the Mog for some dhaqan celis 2 years ago, its some sort of a weird Quran madrasah, not sure how that's meant to help anyone curb their drug addiction, especially once they get back to the country they're living in.

Long story short, he's back to his old ways rolling up cannabis every 20 minutes. Quite sad really.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I can't say. I'd assume there's little demand for that sort of stuff. No has mental problems and then thinks "maybe I should tell all my embarrassing details to a stranger so he can assess why I'm "broken" and helps me out". Imagining this from the point of view of Somalis.

Wouldn't work out, I don't even know how useful counselling is in western society. I've been on reddit and for every little problem you see people advising "go to a therapist". It's crazy

"My bf/gf cheated on me"
- "go to a therapist to get some counselling through these times"

"My mom and dad divorced"
- "go to a psychotherapist! NOW!"

I'm sure there are loads of people in Somalia who need some form of therapy, but a lot of them are too poor or don't have the time. Most people are supporting families with less than minimum wage, all because living in somalia is cheap. Offering an expensive service that takes up your time of the day wouldn't be so intriguing, especially when there's a stigma for these kinds of things.

I'd suggest something smaller that would help a larger population at a time. Mental health is important but that's an issue affecting a minority in somalia, there are much larger issues affecting a larger population like starvation or medical health.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
i heard in somalia they diagnose people with mental illness by getting a strainer and orders them to fill up the strainer with water, if they agree and try to fill the strainer with water then they're diagnosed with the wax waalan balaayo iyo buufis

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
I can't say. I'd assume there's little demand for that sort of stuff. No has mental problems and then thinks "maybe I should tell all my embarrassing details to a stranger so he can assess why I'm "broken" and helps me out". Imagining this from the point of view of Somalis.

Wouldn't work out, I don't even know how useful counselling is in western society. I've been on reddit and for every little problem you see people advising "go to a therapist". It's crazy

"My bf/gf cheated on me"
- "go to a therapist to get some counselling through these times"

"My mom and dad divorced"
- "go to a psychotherapist! NOW!"

I'm sure there are loads of people in Somalia who need some form of therapy, but a lot of them are too poor or don't have the time. Most people are supporting families with less than minimum wage, all because living in somalia is cheap. Offering an expensive service that takes up your time of the day wouldn't be so intriguing, especially when there's a stigma for these kinds of things.

I'd suggest something smaller that would help a larger population at a time. Mental health is important but that's an issue affecting a minority in somalia, there are much larger issues affecting a larger population like starvation or medical health.
I don't plan on charging extortionate amount, there will be one therapist, one Medical Doctor, and a Pharmacist. And I understand what you mean by somalis not being able to open up. But that's where the psychedelic pharmaceuticals come in, while I was at uni my university was doing a lot of studies on them and one of the published literature stated that these drugs work as an entactogen, helping even the toughest of humans to open up in order to process and deal with trauma and psychological issues.
i heard in somalia they diagnose people with mental illness by getting a strainer and orders them to fill up the strainer with water, if they agree and try to fill the strainer with water then they're diagnosed with the wax waalan balaayo iyo buufis
Lol that's one way of looking at things.

Trending