Fellow track enjoyers come in

Trials are pretty much done guys, it’s confirmed who’s going to the Olympics now. My question is: who you guys got for these events?
It’s crazy that there’s probably only one consensus win here and that’s Noah in the 200. The fact that everything else is up for grabs is good to see. Me personally, I got:
Kishane Thompson (🤲🏾)
Noah
Hudson-Smith
Wanyonyi
Josh Kerr (🤲🏾).

400m hurdles gonna be fire too. Brazilian dude got a plan for me. 110mH it’s just gonna be Grant that’s a lock.

Ladies wise apologies I’m not educated but I’m a Sha’Carri Stan through and through. F the USA though. I got

100:Sha’Carri
200:Shericka (comeback szn)
400:Adeleke
800:Keely
1500:Faith Kipyegon (🤲🏾)

400mH gonna be a movie Sydney sets a new WR. 110mH Masai Russell I’m going with the baddie here.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
Ladies wise apologies I’m not educated but I’m a Sha’Carri Stan through and through. F the USA though. I got

100:Sha’Carri
200:Shericka (comeback szn)
400:Adeleke
800:Keely
1500:Faith Kipyegon (🤲🏾)

400mH gonna be a movie Sydney sets a new WR. 110mH Masai Russell I’m going with the baddie here.

Mainly just focusing on the 200m, 400m and 400mh this year.

I want to see rai Benjamin beat warholm this year in the 400mh. I'm expecting Sydney to keep dominating. In fact she recently broke her 400mh record again.

I really want to see a Somali compete in the 400 events. I want to see if we got the genes to run an elite time

I want to see rai Benjamin beat warholm this year in the 400mh. I'm expecting Sydney to keep dominating. In fact she recently broke her 400mh record again.

I really want to see a Somali compete in the 400 events. I want to see if we got the genes to run an elite time
400 hurdles there’s something there for us. I used to find hurdles pretty easy in school idk if that’s shared.

I’ve been saying Somalis need to branch out anyways. It’s not everyday 5000 10000 marathon. There’s not enough 400 800 and 1500 guys, we also need to low-key monopolise one sport. Like Eritreans are doing with cycling.

What niche sport would you suggest?

That top 3 of brazilian dude rai and warholm is insane man. Final is gonna be must see tv

Kisame

400 hurdles there’s something there for us. I used to find hurdles pretty easy in school idk if that’s shared.

I’ve been saying Somalis need to branch out anyways. It’s not everyday 5000 10000 marathon. There’s not enough 400 800 and 1500 guys, we also need to low-key monopolise one sport. Like Eritreans are doing with cycling.

What niche sport would you suggest?

Fun fact we have a Somali guy that was a Dutch national champion in the 200m

Check out this old thread
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/somali-runner-mustafa-mahamuud-🇸🇴🇳🇱-is-the-2022-dutch-national-champ.144733/

These are his stats
https://worldathletics.org/athletes/netherlands/mustafa-mahamuud-14631712

10:38 in the 100m and 20.63 in the 200m. He started training and competing in 2014 when he was 18 and consistently ran at meets for like a 5 year stretch.

I feel like we could have had a Somali breaking the 10 second barrier in the 100m. Especially if we started training a bunch of kids to run the 100m. This guy mustafa only trained for 5 years and started late.

I live in the states and a lot of these elite sprinters started training when they were kids.

"we also need to low-key monopolise one sport. Like Eritreans are doing with cycling."

Somalis love soccer too much bro. They won't abandon that shit. Also a lot of niggas find track boring. I think we could have success in a combat sport. Ramla Ali has made a name for herself.

Fun fact we have a Somali guy that was a Dutch national champion in the 200m

Check out this old thread
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/somali-runner-mustafa-mahamuud-🇸🇴🇳🇱-is-the-2022-dutch-national-champ.144733/

These are his stats
https://worldathletics.org/athletes/netherlands/mustafa-mahamuud-14631712

10:38 in the 100m and 20.63 in the 200m. He started training and competing in 2014 when he was 18 and consistently ran at meets for like a 5 year stretch.

I feel like we could have had a Somali breaking the 10 second barrier in the 100m. Especially if we started training a bunch of kids to run the 100m. This guy mustafa only trained for 5 years and started late.

I live in the states and a lot of these elite sprinters started training when they were kids.

"we also need to low-key monopolise one sport. Like Eritreans are doing with cycling."

Somalis love soccer too much bro. They won't abandon that shit. Also a lot of niggas find track boring. I think we could have success in a combat sport. Ramla Ali has made a name for herself.
To be honest, this is like the national record for half the world. 10.3 100 20.6 200. I think maybe an ethnic Somali could hit 10.1 but sub-10? That’s not our bag man. We don’t have a massive population too. Someone from Madowweyne definitely could do that though.

I’m a believer in investing in sports where there’s proven success. I’ve seen Mo Farah come to this country as a refugee and win 4 Olympic gold medals. I’ve only seen Abdisalam Ibrahim play premier league and it was for 1 minute.

Diaspora kids seem to gravitate towards football with 0 success rate there unless you’re reer US/Scandinavia. Even reer US the best players were Handwalla (Bajuni) and Abdi Salim (Bantu).

I see the most success personally coming from MMA/wrestling/boxing as it allows Somalis to get that violent gene out safely. Running is a sure fire success, especially reer Waqooyi. The area between Burco and LA has produced a LOT of runners. We need to build a track in Ceerigaabo inshallah.

Kisame

To be honest, this is like the national record for half the world. 10.3 100 20.6 200. I think maybe an ethnic Somali could hit 10.1 but sub-10? That’s not our bag man. We don’t have a massive population too. Someone from Madowweyne definitely could do that though.

I’m a believer in investing in sports where there’s proven success. I’ve seen Mo Farah come to this country as a refugee and win 4 Olympic gold medals. I’ve only seen Abdisalam Ibrahim play premier league and it was for 1 minute.

Diaspora kids seem to gravitate towards football with 0 success rate there unless you’re reer US/Scandinavia. Even reer US the best players were Handwalla (Bajuni) and Abdi Salim (Bantu).

I see the most success personally coming from MMA/wrestling/boxing as it allows Somalis to get that violent gene out safely. Running is a sure fire success, especially reer Waqooyi. The area between Burco and LA has produced a LOT of runners. We need to build a track in Ceerigaabo inshallah.

"To be honest, this is like the national record for half the world. 10.3 100 20.6 200. I think maybe an ethnic Somali could hit 10.1 but sub-10? That’s not our bag man. We don’t have a massive population too. Someone from Madowweyne definitely could do that though."

Bro his times are pretty average for sprinters in north america. I realized a few years ago that we had high school sprinters in america that would be considered national champions in different countries :dead:

Check out this old comment I made this topic

Never felt inferior to Madows because I've literally witnessed how hard they train just to get pro opportunities.

Look at Texas track and field for example. These high school track meets got future Olympians. These are high school teens running the 100m in 9-10 second ranges. Majority of these niggas start running track while they were in elementary school. Most of them are multi sport athletes as well so when it's not track season most of them are also playing American football. These guys will have 10+ years of track and field experience by the time they graduate high school.

A lot of these guys have been multi sport athletes since they were kids. Madow parents heavily support their children's athletic dreams. Till this day I've never seen a Somali family give their child the same opportunities as these madow families.

Outside of Jamaica and America you won't really find that many nations putting their children into intense training regimens at a young age just so they can become Olympians.

So as a result of this we literally don't know what our athletic potential looks like. Mustafa is the only nigga we've had compete in the sprints within the past decade which is sad to hear.

Bro I'm american. If Somali kids had access to youth sports just like these other Madows at a young age we would have had an abdi in north america running atleast a 9.99

"Diaspora kids seem to gravitate towards football with 0 success rate there unless you’re reer US/Scandinavia. Even reer US the best players were Handwalla (Bajuni) and Abdi Salim (Bantu)."

That's because most of us had broke and uneducated parents that gave no fucks about sports. It's hard to find a Somali guy that actually competed in youth sports.

Also bringing up the prem league player seems pointless since there are so many Africans and Cadaans that also do horrible in the pros. You shouldn't be discouraged one Mali f*ck up. We should be learning from his mistakes.

"To be honest, this is like the national record for half the world. 10.3 100 20.6 200. I think maybe an ethnic Somali could hit 10.1 but sub-10? That’s not our bag man. We don’t have a massive population too. Someone from Madowweyne definitely could do that though."

Bro his times are pretty average for sprinters in north america. I realized a few years ago that we had high school sprinters in america that would be considered national champions in different countries :dead:

Check out this old comment I made this topic

Outside of Jamaica and America you won't really find that many nations putting their children into intense training regimens at a young age just so they can become Olympians.

So as a result of this we literally don't know what our athletic potential looks like. Mustafa is the only nigga we've had compete in the sprints within the past decade which is sad to hear.

Bro I'm american. If Somali kids had access to youth sports just like these other Madows at a young age we would have had an abdi in north america running atleast a 9.99

"Diaspora kids seem to gravitate towards football with 0 success rate there unless you’re reer US/Scandinavia. Even reer US the best players were Handwalla (Bajuni) and Abdi Salim (Bantu)."

That's because most of us had broke and uneducated parents that gave no fucks about sports. It's hard to find a Somali guy that actually competed in youth sports.

Also bringing up the prem league player seems pointless since there are so many Africans and Cadaans that also do horrible in the pros. You shouldn't be discouraged one Mali f*ck up. We should be learning from his mistakes.
You’re dreaming too high bro. Do you know how big the talent pool is in America. There’s nearly 42 million madows there. The entire UK has 2.5 million madows

France have 4 million madows and 3 guys going sub 10. Nigeria have 200 MILLION madows and only 10 guys going sub 10. In truth countries like Jamaica and USA do well because of the coaching levels of these countries, Somali dudes I’m not expecting to go sub 10 anytime soon. Let’s focus on 10.2/10.1 for now.

White ppl have access to the best track facilities in the whole world and only 4-5 of them have gone sub 10. Why would Somalis, who’s diaspora in the west sits at like 700k, ever realistically produce a sub 10 sprinter. That would be the exception not the norm.

Kisame

You’re dreaming too high bro. Do you know how big the talent pool is in America. There’s nearly 42 million madows there. The entire UK has 2.5 million madows

France have 4 million madows and 3 guys going sub 10. Nigeria have 200 MILLION madows and only 10 guys going sub 10. In truth countries like Jamaica and USA do well because of the coaching levels of these countries, Somali dudes I’m not expecting to go sub 10 anytime soon. Let’s focus on 10.2/10.1 for now.

White ppl have access to the best track facilities in the whole world and only 4-5 of them have gone sub 10. Why would Somalis, who’s diaspora in the west sits at like 700k, ever realistically produce a sub 10 sprinter. That would be the exception not the norm.

"In truth countries like Jamaica and USA do well because of the coaching levels of these countries"

That's why I said if we put some Somali kids in the same training programs as these Jamaican and American Madows we would have had some elite sprinters by now. By the way this seems pretty doable here in america.

Even if our talent pool is smaller we should atleast have an abdi running a 10.1 within the next 20-30 years.

"In truth countries like Jamaica and USA do well because of the coaching levels of these countries"

That's why I said if we put some Somali kids in the same training programs as these Jamaican and American Madows we would have had some elite sprinters by now. By the way this seems pretty doable here in america.

Even if our talent pool is smaller we should atleast have an abdi running a 10.1 within the next 20-30 years.
That’s pretty realistic tbh. I can see someone doing 10.1 in the future.

I just prefer to force Somalis to do sports which they are already genetically predisposed to I.e. long distance running. A good long distance runner gets a free university education at the worst. Tell that to the hooyos and they’ll start forcing their kids to do track.

Also you have to factor in integration. Somalis don’t integrate well in most places so there isn’t a lot of sporting success. They usually aren’t sharing spaces with ajnabi outside of the classroom let alone on a track.

Kisame

That’s pretty realistic tbh. I can see someone doing 10.1 in the future.

I just prefer to force Somalis to do sports which they are already genetically predisposed to I.e. long distance running. A good long distance runner gets a free university education at the worst. Tell that to the hooyos and they’ll start forcing their kids to do track.

Also you have to factor in integration. Somalis don’t integrate well in most places so there isn’t a lot of sporting success. They usually aren’t sharing spaces with ajnabi outside of the classroom let alone on a track.

"I just prefer to force Somalis to do sports which they are already genetically predisposed to I.e. long distance running. A good long distance runner gets a free university education at the worst. Tell that to the hooyos and they’ll start forcing their kids to do track."

I regret not running track or cross country in high school. I've always had a decent mile time since I've built up a lot of stamina from playing a lot of basketball.
I could have probably gone to a better university as well as a student athlete.

A skinny Somali track athlete that looks good can earn some nil deals if they can model while in college. Vogue is willing to pick up any skinny Somali nigga that looks good.

"Also you have to factor in integration. Somalis don’t integrate well in most places so there isn’t a lot of sporting success. They usually aren’t sharing spaces with ajnabi outside of the classroom let alone on a track."

I don't think this is a huge factor tbh. Especially since we have Somali basketball prospects that are currently getting scouted. Plus our track athletes are usually always surrounded by non somalis since not that many somalis irl run track.