/firesale/ - free books editon

ULqW6Yo.jpeg

vSSH4Na.jpeg

I recently moved houses, but I left stuff behind, that I have been meaning to give away. Unfortunately, I have been dragging my feet. I have learnt my little brother has been plotting for my old room, I am told by our father I have 14 days after which my brother cannot be faulted for chucking my stuff out.

Traitorous rat will be dealt with but I need to prevent a massive qasaaro first.

I figure what better place then here, SomaliSpot. As I mentioned I have less than 14 days, and books are not the only things I need to get rid of, so speed is critical.
If this goes well and speedy, then I will be able to make new threads for the other stuff.

Shipping​

I want to keep shipping within the UK, because I am not residing in London, my little sister will be overseeing it, and since I dont want any of you trying to shukansii my sister, no local picks up allowed. Sorry

There might that one person outside of the UK, who may deserve this material the most, if you take responsibility for customs, tracking, et all. then I will consider it.

Of course, you will be paying delivery fees. I will pay for packaging though.

Since I have been using these books myself, some have mild wear and tear, worst examples are example 1, example 2, example 3.
Also, during my studies, I would do digital drawings, print them on tracing paper and then insert these pages into the books spine, but I was careful not to damage the books integrity, removing them might do harm though (this applies to 7-10 books). Some examples of this are.

TQ6WwXm.gif

PaoW4L2.gif

The books​

After gifting some books here and there, this is what remains of my old library. The books can be split into the following categories:
  • Novels
  • Graphic Novels
  • History (mostly European history)
  • Art books (mostly 16-17 century European art)
  • Film Production "Art of ___" books
  • Art theory books (Perspective, Light rendering, Colour theory, Anatomy, Storyboarding)
  • Lots of books on Leonardo Davinci and his work
  • Programming books

I have attached a pdf file to this post, in it you will find a limited book list on there.

I was originally planning to digitize a few of these books for my private use, and at the same time do a full count and indexing but I gave up on that. No time.

A good amount of the books are hard cover

An example of the graphic novels

The anatomy books

The programming books (the great PHP 8 return never came to be)

Construction drawing and linear perspective

I am not expecting there to be much interest. Just in case I turn out to be wrong, there is a lottery in place, in which the first person to pick the right number (1 to 99) wins.

The lottery file is uploaded to a simply file sharing site that shows its upload time stamp. Once there is a winner, I will provide a link to the file just so that everyone can see a winner was fairly picked.
The lottery will only be used if there is significant interest.

Attachments

• list.pdf
    25.7 KB · Views: 35

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Do you got any philosophy books? also do you have george orwell 1984?

And just before any of you laugh at me for having titles like Fifty shades of Grey, I will refer you to
Post #181 of the thread What books are you currently reading?, specifically:

...My thought for today is something which I found in Epicurus (yes, I actually make a practice of going over to the enemy's camp – by way of reconnaissance, not as a deserter!) "A cheerful povertyβ€Ÿ he says is an honourable state.β€Ÿ But if it is cheerful it is not poverty at all...
(Yes I have read that deeply into that thread and confirmed that Somalis have decent tastes!)

Think you can ship to australia?
I have had very bad experience with Austrialian shipping before, I am open to it, if you really need most of this material. Also, in the event of a headache, you would be doing the chasing up, and no doubt there would be a customs fee.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
I have had very bad experience with Austrialian shipping before, I am open to it, if you really need most of this material. Also, in the event of a headache, you would be doing the chasing up, and no doubt there would be a customs fee.
I cant go through all that hassle :jcoleno: why do I have to live in the bloody corner of the world

I cant go through all that hassle :jcoleno: why do I have to live in the bloody corner of the world
Its a surprise to me too bro, reer kangaroo are truly a wonder but you guys are rare and lie low though, I only know of you and Periplus so far.

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
Hey man, could I take the following off your hands:
  • How to Render by Scott Robertson and Thomas Bertling
  • How to Draw by Scott Robertson
  • Fun With A Pencil by Andrew Loomis
  • Drawing the Head and Hands by Andrew Loomis
  • The Art of Katsuhiro Otomo
I live in London so PM me and we'll arrange something.

Hey man, could I take the following off your hands:
  • How to Render by Scott Robertson and Thomas Bertling
  • How to Draw by Scott Robertson
  • Fun With A Pencil by Andrew Loomis
  • Drawing the Head and Hands by Andrew Loomis
  • The Art of Katsuhiro Otomo
I live in London so PM me and we'll arrange something.
Sorry mate, allowing people to pick individual titles will just open the flood gates, its got to be the whole lot or nothing.
Also, as I stated in the OP, I am not in London, so no in person pick ups either.

As for your list, I have high quality digital copies of those books you listed, accept for "The Art of Katsuhiro Otomo", which I can scan the physical copy (when I get a chance)

If you are happy with digital, I can upload them for you, let me know.

Okay, either interest is low or people are concerned about their privacy, the later I can appreciate.

For reer UK your options are
  • Use a temporary locker address
  • A warehouse or a business address
  • A prepaid post office label, that I can then print, allowing you to hide your address from the sender (me)
  • A Royal Mail PO Box

I would recommend the last option, as it is made for these scenarios.
There might be better options, I am not that familiar with our shipping system.

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
Sorry mate, allowing people to pick individual titles will just open the flood gates, its got to be the whole lot or nothing.
Also, as I stated in the OP, I am not in London, so no in person pick ups either.

As for your list, I have high quality digital copies of those books you listed, accept for "The Art of Katsuhiro Otomo", which I can scan the physical copy (when I get a chance)

If you are happy with digital, I can upload them for you, let me know.
That's alright. If you could share the digital scans of Scott Robertson's books that would be really great.

That's alright. If you could share the digital scans of Scott Robertson's books that would be really great.
Check your private messages.

I should mention Scott's how to draw book jumps a bit far from chapter 2.

Not taking care to establish the relationship between the Station Point and the line of sight, because he entirely skips in explaining how the top orthographic view and the perspective are always overlayed on top of each other. He shows this relationship on the cover image for chapter 2 but never delves into it.

There are a few instances like the above, for this reason I would recommend complementing the books with Eric Olsen's NMA lectures on perspective, they are the most comprehensive on the subject, he is also the guy that taught Scott.

For example, he explains the above point in his Volume 1 lecture with real 1:1 diagrams and all

I just wanted to bring that to your attention, as it was painful for me to figure it out on my own years ago.

These look great, its crazy how similar some of your book choices are to mine, I can take them off your hands.

I am based in London and can pick them up since postage is going to cost an arm and a leg

My apologies for getting back to you so late, I turned of alerts for "Automatically watch content you interact with…" as I was tired of getting alerted to new posts for threads that shoot up to 15 pages long.

As for the books, a member reached out to me via a private message and I have been trying to get the books to him, you was right on the shipping, I completely underestimated it, but it looks like we worked our way to a final solution.

books.jpg

I am currently in the process of digitizing my library, I have already photographed most of these titles but I need to process them (OCR, alignment, cropping, etc), as well as adding new books. Once I finish it, I will run it by you (PM) to see if you are interested in a digital collection instead.

These look great, its crazy how similar some of your book choices are to mine
I am very glad to hear that! :nvjpqts:

Trending