Flood Of Nuh pbuh- Global or Regional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
The common understanding of most scholars today is the Flood is a Global event which is derived from the bible. Also groups such as the Bantu, Native Americans, Australoid and Mongoloids are not descendants of Nuh pbuh and scattered the earth shortly after the death of Adam pbuh which discredits the Global flood belief and that all humans are descended from Nuh pbuh. From my understanding of the story in the Qur'an is that Allah swt destroyed the people of Nuh pbuh and not mankind, who probably lived in the Levant.

And Allah swt knows best

Last edited:
The common understanding of most scholars today is the Flood is a Global event which is derived from the bible. Also groups such as the Bantu, Native Americans, Australoid and Mongoloids are not descendants of Nuh pbuh and scattered the earth shortly after the death of Adam pbuh which discredits the Global flood belief and that all humans are descended from Nuh pbuh. From my understanding of the story in the Qur'an is that Allah swt destroyed the people of Nuh pbuh and not mankind, who probably lived in the Levant.

And Allah swt knows best
Sxb how do you know bantus and those other groups arent fron Adam as.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Sxb how do you know bantus and those other groups arent fron Adam as.

They are descendants of Adam but not Nuh pbuh. The popular belief that most scholars will say is that all humans are from Nuh and then from Nuh to Adam. However, the Native americans and other isolated groups in the far corners of the earth have lived in those parts of the world more 10,000 years, before the time of Nuh pbuh. Nuh story is not about the entire world being flooded, but the land of his people

They are descendants of Adam but not Nuh pbuh. The popular belief that most scholars will say is that all humans are from Nuh and then from Nuh to Adam. However, the Native americans and other isolated groups in the far corners of the earth have lived in those parts of the world more 10,000 years, before the time of Nuh pbuh. Nuh story is not about the entire world being flooded, but the land of his people
How do you know when Nuux was around. It could be before that. We were taught that everyone is from nuux as everyone before that was destroyed.
Again Nuux was 1000yrs old

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
How do you know when Nuux was around. It could be before that. We were taught that everyone is from nuux as everyone before that was destroyed.
Again Nuux was 1000yrs old

Ibrahim pbuh lived approximately around 1900-1800 BC. These are some hadiths about the gap between Adam and Nuh, and Nuh to Ibrahim

3 – The period between Adam and Nooh (peace be upon them both): it was narrated from Abu Umaamah that a man said: “O Messenger of Allaah, was Adam a Prophet?” He said, “Yes, and Allaah spoke to him.” The man asked, “How much (time) was there between him and Nooh?” He said, “Ten centuries.” Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh, 14/69; and by al-Haakim, 2/262. He said it is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim, and al-Dhahabi agreed with him. Ibn Katheer said in al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah (1/94): this is (saheeh) according to the conditions of Muslim, even though he did not narrate it.

The century in those days was probably around 1000 yrs each

The Century in those days was longer than a 100, it was most probably a 1000 yrs each

4 – The period between Nooh and Ibraaheem (peace be upon them both): our evidence is in the continuation of the hadeeth of Abu Umaamah (may Allaah be pleased with him) quoted above: … He said, “And how long was there between Nooh and Ibraaheem?” He said, “Ten centuries.” (Narrated by al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak, 2/288. He said: this hadeeth is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim, although he did not narrate it. And it was narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Mu’jam al-Kabeer, 8/118.

Ibrahim pbuh lived approximately around 1900-1800 BC. These are some hadiths about the gap between Adam and Nuh, and Nuh to Ibrahim

3 – The period between Adam and Nooh (peace be upon them both): it was narrated from Abu Umaamah that a man said: “O Messenger of Allaah, was Adam a Prophet?” He said, “Yes, and Allaah spoke to him.” The man asked, “How much (time) was there between him and Nooh?” He said, “Ten centuries.” Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh, 14/69; and by al-Haakim, 2/262. He said it is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim, and al-Dhahabi agreed with him. Ibn Katheer said in al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah (1/94): this is (saheeh) according to the conditions of Muslim, even though he did not narrate it.

The Century in those days was longer than a 100, it was most probably a 1000 yrs each

4 – The period between Nooh and Ibraaheem (peace be upon them both): our evidence is in the continuation of the hadeeth of Abu Umaamah (may Allaah be pleased with him) quoted above: … He said, “And how long was there between Nooh and Ibraaheem?” He said, “Ten centuries.” (Narrated by al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak, 2/288. He said: this hadeeth is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim, although he did not narrate it. And it was narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Mu’jam al-Kabeer, 8/118.
So 1000yrs between them. How did you get a start date

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
So 1000yrs between them. How did you get a start date

The unit of time was different then. a century before Ibrahim pbuh was 1000 yrs, due to the long lives people lived. The way to look at it is, from Adam to Nuh was 10,000 yrs, and from Nuh to Ibrahim, another 10,000 yrs.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I dont try and put dates to Nebi's and Prophet's I simply assume when they roamed the Earth. We are unable to comprehend this

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
can you quote that part of the Qur'an I believe wholeheartedly in the Qur'an.

The construction of the Kaaba and the Spring of ZamZam. These two today can be examined and dated.

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 125:
وَإِذْ جَعَلْنَا الْبَيْتَ مَثَابَةً لِّلنَّاسِ وَأَمْنًا وَاتَّخِذُوا مِن مَّقَامِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ مُصَلًّى وَعَهِدْنَا إِلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ أَن طَهِّرَا بَيْتِيَ لِلطَّائِفِينَ وَالْعَاكِفِينَ وَالرُّكَّعِ السُّجُودِ

And when We made the House a pilgrimage for men and a (place of) security, and: Appoint for yourselves a place of prayer on the standing-place of Ibrahim. And We enjoined Ibrahim and Ismail saying: Purify My House for those who visit (it) and those who abide (in it) for devotion and those who bow down (and) those who prostrate themselves.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
can you quote that part of the Qur'an I believe wholeheartedly in the Qur'an.

The construction of the Kaaba and the Spring of ZamZam. These two today can be examined and dated.

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 125:
وَإِذْ جَعَلْنَا الْبَيْتَ مَثَابَةً لِّلنَّاسِ وَأَمْنًا وَاتَّخِذُوا مِن مَّقَامِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ مُصَلًّى وَعَهِدْنَا إِلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ أَن طَهِّرَا بَيْتِيَ لِلطَّائِفِينَ وَالْعَاكِفِينَ وَالرُّكَّعِ السُّجُودِ

And when We made the House a pilgrimage for men and a (place of) security, and: Appoint for yourselves a place of prayer on the standing-place of Ibrahim. And We enjoined Ibrahim and Ismail saying: Purify My House for those who visit (it) and those who abide (in it) for devotion and those who bow down (and) those who prostrate themselves.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Historically speaking, there was a huge flood in the planet. Because it was a global change, but the flood hits Mesopotamia, modern-day Iraq and Iran and Egypt was a victim of the global change.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Historically speaking, there was a huge flood in the planet. Because it was a global change, but the flood hits Mesopotamia, modern-day Iraq and Iran and Egypt was a victim of the global change.

I agree, the Flood of Nuh pbuh was one that destroyed the Levant and the areas surrounding it. But not Europe, most of Africa, Americas and Oceania

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I agree, the Flood of Nuh pbuh was one that destroyed the Levant and the areas surrounding it. But not Europe, most of Africa, Americas and Oceania
You got it all wrong Akhi there was a giant flood and this has been proven you need to watch more Bright Insight the flood especially completely changed Africa

And Allah swt knows best

all humans lived in that region, no one really know, Allah does tell us the mountain the ship landed on is called judy -juuudiii, maybe it was iraq, who knows only God, but we know of all humans only 70-80 or so believed and survived

and only allah knows, dont concern yourself with this or that, just focus on salat and the fard actions required,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending