Former Imam of Musjid Al Nabawi had the nisbah "Al Jabarti"

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement, T-Y16897 Arabi
1719694152997.png

Audio of him leading prayers in Medina

There is interestingly at least one holder of the keys of the Ka'ba born in Somalia.

Jamaladeen Muhammad ibn Abu Bakr ash Shaybi the 48th holder of the keys. His father or grandfather fled from the Middle East to Somalia.

They also say here that several Somali rulers used to send cloth for the Kiswaa in Makkah.

The article you posted says he was born from the 'Adakbiri' tribe in 'Jimma, Abyssinia'. There are some Tigray who are also called Jabarti but the location makes me wonder if maybe he was originally Somali.

Last edited:
There is interestingly at least one holder of the keys of the Ka'ba born in Somalia.

Jamaladeen Muhammad ibn Abu Bakr ash Shaybi the 48th holder of the keys. His father or grandfather fled from the Middle East to Somalia.

They also say here that several Somali rulers used to send cloth for the Kiswaa in Makkah.

The article you posted says he was born from the 'Adakbiri' tribe in 'Jimma, Abyssinia'. There are some Tigray who are also called Jabarti but the location makes me wonder if maybe he was originally Somali.
A tribe in Jimma? But Jimma is in Oromia

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement, T-Y16897 Arabi

Jimma was a short-lived Oromo kingdom that existed in south western Ethiopian. "Adakbiri" also sounds like an arab bastardization of "abba boku" the traditional leaders of the Gadda Oromo governance system.

1719695643680.png

Looks to be that the Imam was Oromo. Interesting asf this Imam must've been one of the first Oromo to be given the Al Jabarti nisbah and to be a Imam of the Musjid Nabawi is a huge underated W in Oromo history.

I know that's why I was confused.

We need someone who can tell us what the 'Adakbira' are

من قبيلة أدكبيري من مقاطعة جمة في الحبشة انتقل إلى مكة المكرمة
Found some lead discussing this sheikhs origins. According to this Twitter user the word adkabiri In the Tigrinya language means house of kabiri or bani kabiri. The adkabiri is a religious family or clan that was known for being in service of Islam in the region. He mentioned that jabarti is not an ethnicity/tribe but a community adhering to Isalm(among Tigrinia speakers definitely as we know but they're in Eritrea not Ethiopia). Another user responded to him claiming that ad means great grandfather. Then another responded to this one claiming that adkabiri is a village in Tigray region of Ethiopia and from which his grandmother hails as well as this sheikh. He further claims that "ad" in tigrinia means country.

I think this sheikh hails from the Jabartis in Eritrea but due to the war between what was then the Ethiopian empire and her region Eritrea this sheikh's family somehow ended up in Oromia where he was subsequently born and raised

Trending

Latest posts