Future ain't looking Bright

Internet Nomad

βœͺπ™‰π™€π™€π™§π™’π™–π™­π™­π™žπ™£π™œβœͺ
The largest dam in SL has recently been constructed.
1725060941613.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cmon guys let's just stop this gender nonsense

It's not about gender wars, it's about taking responsibility and then fixing the issue. All Somali clans are represented on here. Each one of you, is probably paying qaaraan and sitting in on clan meetings. Talk about things that matter and form organisations that work towards cooperation.

Or let's just all wait until 2050.

Imagine if each one of you spoke to your clan leaders, about federalising all grazing land and water well areas in your respective states, rotated grazing, disarming nomads etc, that would be a huge step towards peace.

Everyone thinks they don't matter, or can't be bothered. We are all responsible for engineering the chaos back home.

Dalac Bilaash

☠ Emperor of The Horn ☠
Imagine if each one of you spoke to your clan leaders, about federalising all grazing land and water well areas in your respective states, rotated grazing, disarming nomads etc, that would be a huge step towards peace.

Everyone thinks they don't matter, or can't be bothered. We are all responsible for engineering the chaos back home.
Actually the best solution for ever lasting peace is the disarming of nomadic people if that happens you will never hear clan conflicts again that was the worst mistake we made .

Actually the best solution for ever lasting peace is the disarming of nomadic people if that happens you will never hear clan conflicts again that was the worst mistake we made .

Let's start a movement

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Absolutely We have the highest Wind Energy in the world Somalia is literally ripe for Renewable Energy

Somalia has potentially 8,000 hours per year of consistent solar+wind production.
It is the only area in the world that has decent population density with this kind of combination. Tibet and Patagonia are empty. Figure of 8,362 TWH for Africa is mostly Somalia. Keep in mind the US uses only 4,100 TWH a year.

Wind + solar.png

wind solar.png

This makes me incredibly hopeful. It means that we will likely be able to have running water and energy for potentially everyone. We need to get urbanization right and make sure our cities have grids and don't sprawl. Service delivery in Somalia may be cheaper than we imagined. We can desalinate water, have cheap air conditioning, and shift to cheap electric vehicles. This would mean that we can reduce our fuel imports and perhaps even export green hydrogen, earning dollars.

Internet Nomad

βœͺπ™‰π™€π™€π™§π™’π™–π™­π™­π™žπ™£π™œβœͺ
Somalia has potentially 8,000 hours per year of consistent solar+wind production.
It is the only area in the world that has decent population density with this kind of combination. Tibet and Patagonia are empty. Figure of 8,362 TWH for Africa is mostly Somalia. Keep in mind the US uses only 4,100 TWH a year.

View attachment 340944
View attachment 340945

This makes me incredibly hopeful. It means that we will likely be able to have running water and energy for potentially everyone. We need to get urbanization right and make sure our cities have grids and don't sprawl. Service delivery in Somalia may be cheaper than we imagined. We can desalinate water, have cheap air conditioning, and shift to cheap electric vehicles. This would mean that we can reduce our fuel imports and perhaps even export green hydrogen, earning dollars.
We have so mucb energy potential we could power the entire horn if we used all of our known resources.
Let me highlight some facts that i hope will open your mind on Somaliweyns potential.

Uranium

Somalia has an estimated 10,200 tonnes of uranium reserves, with 7,600 tonnes of it potentially commercially recoverable, though at relatively high expense​

Source

Oil & Gas
According to 2D seismic conducted by TGS in 2014, there could be 30 billion barrels of crude across 15 blocks

"I think the potential is there for multiple tens of billions of barrels, recoverable, or even more over time," Anderson said. "Just the areas we are looking at would be in that range, in the upside case, and that is just in our blocks."

Source

HydroElectric dams
It is imperative to note that an estimated 100 to 120 MW of hydropower is said to be available in Somalia, yet the country is currently only extracting 4% of it.
Source

Wind and Solar
The Stimson Center explains that β€œSomalia has the highest resource potential for onshore wind power in Africa and the country experiences 3,000 hours of sunlight per year with daily solar radiation ranging between 5-7 kWh/m2 per day, which equates to strong solar photovoltaic electricity generation capacity.” Furthermore, Somalia β€œcould potentially produce up to 45,000 MW from wind and 2,000 MW from solar power.”
Source

Geothermal
Djibouti has a geothermal potential estimated at 1,000 MW, enough to meet the country’s electricity demand, of which 50% of the population does not yet have access to electricity.
Source

Salt

Somalia once had the biggest salt factory in the world. The Hafun Salt Factory was established in the Hafun area in northern Italian Somalia. Before the destruction of the salt factory, the plant produced about 200,000 metric tons of salt which were mainly exported to Far East Asia.
Source

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
We have to introduce ranching and make nomads switch over to agro-pastoral practices if we get this oil going and the water drilled out so thus way we can properly demarcate clan borders and enforce proper federalism.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
VIP
Absolutely We have the highest Wind Energy in the world Somalia is literally ripe for Renewable Energy
why you always pushing renewable energy? we are not industrialized yet, every developed country has been using the far more superior fossil fuel energy for over a century. Yes I support renewable energy, its much cleaner and better for the surrounding environment (Just because I don't believe or think climate change is a negligible and insignificant doesn't mean I want the environment to be dirty) But somalia needs to develop, it needs efficent and easy power to fuel industrialization and growth. We must use coal, oil, hydroelectricity (the only valuable 'green' energy) to fuel our development. Wind Energy is the worse type of energy and I dont know why u shill it so hard. You need a lot of them and they require maintence and new blades every couple of years. Compare that to a building you only have to build once and just passively maintain? Look at america you have fossil fuel powerplants that have been running for century. Thats what somalia needs, not some Aid Sponsored gimmick, we need true power

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Global temperatures are climbing by 3Β°C every year. By 2050 water shortages will happen in many parts of the world and water will be as valuable as oil and gas, posing a significant threat to humanity. Humans cannot exist without water for more than 3 to 4 days. Water wars will occur, and everyone will xoog anyone who is weaker than them for survival if that happens we will face India and the entire Middle East in 2050, We're screwed.
View attachment 340925

So u woke up in the wrong side of the bed mia??? What is ALL this GLOOM & DOOM???

Others have already mentioned it, but we sit on a vast underground water supply. Additionally, as climate change progresses, Somalia is experience not only hotter summers but also increased rainfall. We are expected to become one of the biggest beneficiaries of net rainfall. However, the problems lies in water management. A poorly governed country could suffer the worst of both extremesβ€”not enough water in the summer and devastating floods during the wet season. Unlike India, for example, Somalia is a very dry country, so the effects of increased rainfall would not be catastrophic but could instead open up new agricultural opportunities for the Somali people. For India, it means more costs in water management without the benefits.

On top of that, the increase of prespiration would facilitate more tree and other flora growth. Their leaves absorb solar radiation, transpire water and create shade, so lowering the temperature in their immediate environment. So in the long term (I am talking about close to a century to a 150 years from now), the average temperature in Somalia might even be significantly lower.

One of the reasons climate change is particularly challenging for the developing world is not just because it's getting hotter or wetter, but because these countries often lack the skills and infrastructure to manage the changes, such as preparing for floods and ensuring adequate water storage. Additionally, the Middle East and South America may become uninhabitable, potentially leading to mass migration to Europe and the US, which would be a nightmare scenario for both continents.

That's why I welcome the flood management infrastrucure in Kismayo, just a microscropic dent in the issue of tackling this, but still a step in the right direction. I have also posted about studies with zero electricity water filtration based on rain water.

1725095523714.jpeg

Global temperatures are climbing by 3Β°C every year. By 2050 water shortages will happen in many parts of the world and water will be as valuable as oil and gas, posing a significant threat to humanity. Humans cannot exist without water for more than 3 to 4 days. Water wars will occur, and everyone will xoog anyone who is weaker than them for survival if that happens we will face India and the entire Middle East in 2050, We're screwed.
View attachment 340925
I'm feeling good about chilling in the land of 1000 lakes.

Trending