Gaalo names for newborn Somali babies is now the reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
They're trying to tow a line between choosing an Islamic/Somali name and one that isn't too hard as to be butchered by everyone.

Faraax abdulah mujiid
Put that on ur cv and see how many replies u get, even Burger King will think twice my friend

Apollo

VIP
Arabic names are also cultural appropriation. At least this time it's being appropriated from a community they actually live in (West) instead appropriated Arabian ones.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
i like the somali spelling and pronunciation of names :manny:

i've seen somali people even f*ck up rudimentary spelling of their kids named. saw a sachariya while i was working last summer :tocry:

anyway i'm with CD. i like my name, and if i would change a thing it would be the "o" in the beginning of my name to an "a"

not even remotely sure how that o got in there :wow:

im naming my first born "小眼睛"
tumblr_o23i4uLWvR1uxnkpto1_250.gif

@VixR
Comparison of Egyptian-Somali Vocabulary:

"The language of ancient Egypt belonged to the Hamitic group...Surviving Hamitic languages are spoken across a large part of North Africa and include Somali." (The english language ,A Historical Introduction," by the british historian and linguist Charles Barber .)

1) In ancient-egyptian language "Hes" = song,sing with musical instrument / in somali language :" Hees"= song,sing with musical instrument.

2) "AAR" means "Lion" in both languages .

3) "Usha" means "Scepter" in both languages .
4)In Somali-Egyptian" Shub" means a)"pour out , " b) construction made of concrete .

5) In Somali-Egyptian languages :"Sekedseked" means " Redoubling of the building blocks ,Stacked building blocks or something else .

6) In Egyptian-Somali :
Neter/Neder (divine being) Hipo/Hibo (it means "gift" and the sound "p"it is not mainly used in Hamitic languages ): Heru/Huur (a stork) : Tuf/Tuf (spit) : Habi (the Nile)/ Habi,ᵓAbi (source of water,to drink ,give him drink ) Wabi ( a river) ; Kab/kab (shoe) brq/biriq (lightning) :"Qbb/Qaboob (cold,cool,fresh ): 'ayah/dayah (moon) ; dab/dab (fire) anka/aniga (pronoun "I" ): su,asu/usi (he) ; Ka,Kaah /Ka,Kaah (Him,the man's appearance, spirit,vital essence,) ; Xi/Ki (a such ) ; Hati,Hat/Haat,Haati (widen wings,flying birds) ; medu/muud (liquid), Hoo/Hoo (to offer ) , Gundhate ,Gunti/Gundhate ,Gunti (loincloth) ,Maanta/Maanta (today,morning ); Kaua/Kaw (standard number one ,1,first ) ; NefNefi/NefNef,Neef (respiration,breath ), (Râ,Horakhty /Râh, Horrahthy (the Sun)

In Ancient-egyptian "Râ" is the sun-god / in Somali "Qor-Rah" means the "neck of Rah ,sun-god . ( Qor= neck / Rah: sun-god) the letter " a" is pronounced with the voiceless pharyngeal fricative
[ħ]

7) Egyptian Somali :Awoow /Awoow (grandfather,old man) ;

Ayeeytha/Ayeeyda (grandmother,old woman, old age )

8) In Ancient-egyptian "Hun, Hunnu" = young man ,young girl/ in Somali "Hun, Hunnu,Huunno" = young man , young girl .

9) Two Somali/Egyptian Similar Names of the Pharaonic Enthronement : Sare,Hore/Sare,Hore ( the High and the First )

10)In ancient-egyptian :Ausar =god Osiris ,ancestor of egyptians /.In Somali : Ausar,= Father Sar (AW-father ; Sar), Isir,Ausar = Ancestor , venerated in the Somali Culture in the antiquity according to a Somali Historian and linguist Diriye .

11) In Somali Language "The pyramids" means "Xabaal-Maguur" =" Stable Graves "

12) The Ancient-Egyptians named themselves "Rageedii": "The perfect men" in their language and the Somali People use still now this name "Rageedii" with the same ancient-egyptian meaning "The perfect men". For example in somali language : " U dadaal sidii Rageedii"= Make efforts as Rageedii ,the perfect men.

There are many similar words somali-egyptian ,preserved in Somali language. I just shared with you some examples above but you can find many others if you fond of the Egyptology and History .
References : "Egyptian Hieroglyphic Dictionary by Budge" ;
"Black Nations and Culture by Cheikh Anta Diop" ; "Learn Somali by Diriye Abdillahi "
Fiqi's Somali English Dictionary " by A.A Hashi 1985 .etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.