Genetic distance of all modern ethnic groups to the Savanna Pastoral Neolithic

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Interesting map

1729536612796.png

1729536627494.png

1729536633873.png

unless you guys have a degree in genetic anthropology, these graphs mean next to nothing, I've seen every community on earth use "genetic relations" or "genetic distances" etc for one reason or another and the experts themselves always say "we don't know shit" lol

Green means closest distance to cushitic savanna pastoral Neolithic. I think the early south cushites were about half and half sub saharan/west Eurasian which is comparable to some modern Somalis add to that the Somalis purely cushitic and yeah they cluster close with them.

and yeah the south cushites lived east of the Great Lakes and west of lake Turkana, those lands had a different demographic and racial composition back then. Bantus arrived much later.

Green means closest distance to cushitic savanna pastoral Neolithic. I think the early south cushites were about half and half sub saharan/west Eurasian which is comparable to some modern Somalis add to that the Somalis purely cushitic and yeah they cluster close with them.

and yeah the south cushites lived east of the Great Lakes and west of lake Turkana, those lands had a different demographic and racial composition back then. Bantus arrived much later.
Thanks for the explanation bro

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri aka Targaryen of the Awalid Kingdom.
I think the Somaliland samples on the map he is using is an average of myself and my parents. Ethnic Somalis in general are pretty close to these South Cushitic herders. Genetically we are slightly different as we have lower East African Hunter-Gatherer ancestry than them and Somalis carry minor Arabian admixture unlike these South Cushitic herders.

IMG_0804.jpeg

Interesting how he thinks much of Galbeed isn't as close to Savanna Neolithic as the rest of Somaliweyn. Does he think Somalis in Ethiopia are genetically different or something?
He’s got the map sorta messed up. Oromos don’t inhabit Doolo or Luuq area, I think that’s Degoodi country. Then north of that is Aulihan OG country. Oromos are hundreds of miles westward.

South Cushites still exist we have the iraqw,barunge,alagwa people who still speak their native South Cushitic languages

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri aka Targaryen of the Awalid Kingdom.
Interesting how he thinks much of Galbeed isn't as close to Savanna Neolithic as the rest of Somaliweyn. Does he think Somalis in Ethiopia are genetically different or something?
That sample is just one Ashraaf woman from Ethiopia. It is not representative of the multitude of different clans in the Somali region. This Ashraaf sample is slightly more Sub-Saharan shifted compared to other Somalis which is ironic.

Trending